    to sound or rendering problems. Hope there is enough info here to throw some
    light on the problem.

    Many thanks in advance to any replies.
    Tappy Lappy, May 15, 2005

  2. Tappy Lappy

    Rob K Guest

    Rob K, May 15, 2005

  3. Tappy Lappy

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:29:11 +0000 (UTC), "Tappy Lappy" <Tappy > wrote:

    >My graphics card (ATI Radeon 9800se) and sound card (Soundblaster live) are
    >both pointing
    >to IRQ 16. Could this be the reason I am getting the blue screen with the
    >IRQ etc message, and if so
    >how can I change the setting.
    >
    >The problem can occur at anytime, eg after writing to a Cd or DVD drive
    >using Roxio (No problems when
    >using the XP facility), or if I leave the PC for five or ten minutes without
    >exiting a game.
    >Most recently when playing Unreal (original game) I get general protection
    >faults which seem to be related
    >to sound or rendering problems. Hope there is enough info here to throw some
    >light on the problem.
    >
    >Many thanks in advance to any replies.

    Are you sure the message wasn't DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810093
    Unk, May 16, 2005
  4. Tappy Lappy

    Tappy Lappy Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:29:11 +0000 (UTC), "Tappy Lappy" <Tappy
    > > wrote:
    >
    >>My graphics card (ATI Radeon 9800se) and sound card (Soundblaster live)
    >>are
    >>both pointing
    >>to IRQ 16. Could this be the reason I am getting the blue screen with the
    >>IRQ etc message, and if so
    >>how can I change the setting.
    >>
    >>The problem can occur at anytime, eg after writing to a Cd or DVD drive
    >>using Roxio (No problems when
    >>using the XP facility), or if I leave the PC for five or ten minutes
    >>without
    >>exiting a game.
    >>Most recently when playing Unreal (original game) I get general protection
    >>faults which seem to be related
    >>to sound or rendering problems. Hope there is enough info here to throw
    >>some
    >>light on the problem.
    >>
    >>Many thanks in advance to any replies.
    >>

    > Are you sure the message wasn't DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810093

    No, there was never any mention of drivers. I did read somewhere that it
    could be
    two devices pointing towards the same IRQ and as both cards point to IRQ 16,
    I suspect it may be this which is causing the problem.
    Tappy Lappy, May 16, 2005
  5. Tappy Lappy

    Tappy Lappy Guest

    Tappy Lappy, May 16, 2005