IRQ not configured - PCI problems - IBM T20 laptop; Win2000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    My machine contains a 3Com Mini PCI modem;/LAN card.

    After running PC Doctor I received an error on booting, something like
    "Resource conflict PCI"
    Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01

    In BIOS setup I saw that all 4 PCI devices had a value of IRQ11

    Not having noted what the settings were prior to running PC Doctor, I set
    INTA to AutoSelect and the other 3 to Disabled

    On booting, the error messages are as follows:
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    Bus: 00 Device: 02 Function: 01
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI network controller
    Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 00
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI Serial bus controller
    Bus: 00 Device: 07 Function: 02

    It is obvious I don't know what I am doing.

    Can anyone tell me
    1 - how to find out what the correct settings should be
    2 - how and where to enter them

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Larry Mehl
    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006

  2. L Mehl

    Budweiser Guest

    "L Mehl" <> wrote in message
    > Hello --
    >
    > My machine contains a 3Com Mini PCI modem;/LAN card.
    >
    > After running PC Doctor I received an error on booting, something like
    > "Resource conflict PCI"
    > Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01
    >
    > In BIOS setup I saw that all 4 PCI devices had a value of IRQ11
    >
    > Not having noted what the settings were prior to running PC Doctor, I
    > set
    > INTA to AutoSelect and the other 3 to Disabled
    >
    > On booting, the error messages are as follows:
    > ERROR
    > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    > Bus: 00 Device: 02 Function: 01
    > ERROR
    > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI network controller
    > Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 00
    > ERROR
    > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    > Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01
    > ERROR
    > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI Serial bus controller
    > Bus: 00 Device: 07 Function: 02
    >
    > It is obvious I don't know what I am doing.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me
    > 1 - how to find out what the correct settings should be
    > 2 - how and where to enter them
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > Larry Mehl

    Another pc doctor fatality---if this person was a practitioner he/she
    would be barred.
    did the machine work ok before you tried to install the 3com card?

    remove the 3com card
    boot into the bios(del key?/f8?esc?) reset to defaults,save(f10?) exit
    and reboot.

    read the installation booklet--or trace the info here
    http://knowledgebase.3com.com/
    Budweiser, Jan 21, 2006

  3. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello Budweiser --

    Thanks for responding.

    The machine worked after I installed the 3Com card. I ran PCDoctor after
    installing the card.

    I will remove the card and set BIOS defaults as you suggest.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006
  4. L Mehl

    Budweiser Guest

    "L Mehl" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Budweiser --
    >
    > Thanks for responding.
    >
    > The machine worked after I installed the 3Com card. I ran PCDoctor
    > after
    > installing the card.
    >
    > I will remove the card and set BIOS defaults as you suggest.
    >
    > Larry
    >

    > "Budweiser" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "L Mehl" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hello --
    >> >
    >> > My machine contains a 3Com Mini PCI modem;/LAN card.
    >> >
    >> > After running PC Doctor I received an error on booting, something
    >> > like
    >> > "Resource conflict PCI"
    >> > Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01
    >> >
    >> > In BIOS setup I saw that all 4 PCI devices had a value of IRQ11
    >> >
    >> > Not having noted what the settings were prior to running PC Doctor,
    >> > set
    >> > INTA to AutoSelect and the other 3 to Disabled
    >> >
    >> > On booting, the error messages are as follows:
    >> > ERROR
    >> > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    >> > Bus: 00 Device: 02 Function: 01
    >> > ERROR
    >> > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI network controller
    >> > Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 00
    >> > ERROR
    >> > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    >> > Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01
    >> > ERROR
    >> > Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI Serial bus controller
    >> > Bus: 00 Device: 07 Function: 02
    >> >
    >> > It is obvious I don't know what I am doing.
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone tell me
    >> > 1 - how to find out what the correct settings should be
    >> > 2 - how and where to enter them
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >> >
    >> > Larry Mehl
    >> >

    >> Another pc doctor fatality---if this person was a practitioner he/she
    >> would be barred.
    >> did the machine work ok before you tried to install the 3com card?
    >>
    >> remove the 3com card
    >> boot into the bios(del key?/f8?esc?) reset to defaults,save(f10?)
    >> exit
    >> and reboot.
    >>
    >> read the installation booklet--or trace the info here
    >> http://knowledgebase.3com.com/

    Do not forget to delete the pc doctor!!!! ---can you imagine seeing your
    local quack and all he gives you is a cure all pill.
    just my opinion tho---cure all progs should be called "lets f==k it
    right up "
    Budweiser, Jan 21, 2006
  5. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Budweiser --

    Remving the 3Com card and resetting BIOS defaults got the machine working
    again.

    Next step is to reinstall the 3Com card.

    I should have researched PCDoctor before using it. The IBM/Lenovo site
    recommended it.

    Thanks again.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006
  6. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Budweiser --

    Thanks for reminding me. The files are now gone.

    It certainly did f**k things up. Is this widely known and posted on the
    web, or are you one of the few lucky ones who experienced it first hand.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006