Irony

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by plonksville, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. plonksville

    plonksville Guest

    plonksville, Apr 2, 2005

  2. plonksville

    Peter Guest

    plonksville wrote:
    > The following page on the Linux Insider website discusses the release of
    > SP1 for Windows Server 2003;
    > http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/security/41919.html
    >
    > The irony is that the Google Syndicated ad asks:
    > "Why pay more for Linux than Microsoft® Windows®?"
    > with a link prompting you to "Click here to get the facts".
    > Where does the link take you to?
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/facts/default.mspx

    I don't see that as irony. There are many Linux and Unix publications that
    carry Microsfot ads. Also, the IDG "Linux" publications carry stories
    about Microsoft (including some that rather like good old MS FUD to me).
    http://www.linuxworld.com.au

    Occasionally, there is a debate about whether Linux magazines should carry
    Microsoft ads. The magazine company is usually happy to take paying ads of
    any type. Just as Windows magazines might sometimes take ads for Linux
    products.

    Peter
    Peter, Apr 2, 2005