    My sister is buying a mp3 player for her boyfriend. She's looking around the
    20gb memory size. We found and iRiver for £199 20gb and an iPod £189. Which
    is better and why?

    Andi, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Andi

    Guest

    On "Andi" <> wrote:

    |>My sister is buying a mp3 player for her boyfriend. She's looking around the
    |>20gb memory size. We found and iRiver for £199 20gb and an iPod £189. Which
    |>is better and why?

    ipod for the fact it's what everybody else has, which means better
    support. That and their commercials are kinda cool :)

    --

    , Jun 25, 2005

  3. Andi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    > My sister is buying a mp3 player for her boyfriend. She's looking around
    > the 20gb memory size. We found and iRiver for £199 20gb and an iPod £189.
    > Which is better and why?

    Gee - why can't I find a girlfriend like that <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Andi

    Plato Guest

    Andi wrote:

    > My sister is buying a mp3 player for her boyfriend. She's looking around the
    > 20gb memory size. We found and iRiver for £199 20gb and an iPod £189. Which
    > is better and why?

    The mac folks just reduced their price on the lower end toy a week or so
    ago I'd go with mac

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Andi

    bigredfred Guest

    I would go for the I River you will probably find that the I River has
    better sound quality. I have known people who have bought I Pods and the
    battery died on them very quickly. Personally I think the I pod is over
    rated and again has become purely a fashion statement.

    bigredfred, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Andi

    Plato Guest

    bigredfred wrote:

    > I would go for the I River you will probably find that the I River has
    > better sound quality. I have known people who have bought I Pods and the
    > battery died on them very quickly. Personally I think the I pod is over
    > rated and again has become purely a fashion statement.

    There was a recall and suppossedy the battery problem is fixed now.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Cheers for your help. I have been looking at the new Sony NW-HD5 with 40
    hours battery life 20 gb and the Creative Zen Touch 24 hours battery life
    and 20 gb. Both look good and the Sony one could be the one I go for

    Andi, Jun 30, 2005