    house in the photo and clear all the surrounding area so that just the
    house remains.

    , Dec 19, 2008

  2. Shel-hed Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:04:39 -0800 (PST), ""
    <> wrote:

    >I use irfanview and appreciate this program very much.
    >
    >Is there a means to brush away part of an image? I want to keep the
    >house in the photo and clear all the surrounding area so that just the
    >house remains.

    You can't brush, but you can do very simple things like copy a bit and paste it
    over another bit.
    For example, if you want to delete a cloud, copy a small part of blue sky, then
    select over the cloud and paste. it's crude, but good enough for what you want.

    Shel-hed, Dec 19, 2008

  3. Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >I use irfanview and appreciate this program very much.

    >Is there a means to brush away part of an image? I want to keep the
    >house in the photo and clear all the surrounding area so that just the
    >house remains.

    No, you do have two other Freeware options tho.
    Gimp as mentioned
    and Paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/

    --

    http://i43.tinypic.com/33bcm8o.jpg

    , Dec 19, 2008
  4. GerorgeD Guest

    wrote:
    > I use irfanview and appreciate this program very much.
    >
    > Is there a means to brush away part of an image? I want to keep the
    > house in the photo and clear all the surrounding area so that just the
    > house remains.

    Irfanview 4.2 has a paint dialog.

    It is very handy and I have used it to touch up pictures and erase
    scratches.

    GerorgeD, Dec 19, 2008
  5. Shel-hed Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:11:03 -0500, GerorgeD <> wrote:

    >Irfanview 4.2 has a paint dialog.
    >
    >It is very handy and I have used it to touch up pictures and erase
    >scratches.

    I'm using 3.91 I see it's time for me to upgrade.

    Shel-hed, Dec 19, 2008