    I notice many people seem to use this.

    Other than it's free, what's so good about it?

    Thanks!
    Moody Marco, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c0qa$9ueq1$1@ID-
    68982.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > I notice many people seem to use this.
    >
    > Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Have you tried it? Have you read the homepage about its features?
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Moody Marco

    Moody Marco Guest

    Moody Marco, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c17k$a9qn3$1@ID-
    68982.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c0qa$9ueq1$1@ID-
    >> 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >>
    >>> I notice many people seem to use this.
    >>>
    >>> Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    >> Have you tried it? Have you read the homepage about its features?

    Are you lazy to go to the homepage and read about IrfanView?
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
    :
    : > Boomer wrote:
    : >> "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c0qa$9ueq1$1@ID-
    : >> 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    : >>
    : >>> I notice many people seem to use this.
    : >>>
    : >>> Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    : >>>
    : >>> Thanks!
    : >>
    : >> Have you tried it? Have you read the homepage about its features?
    : >
    :
    : Are you lazy to go to the homepage and read about IrfanView?
    :

    Them sounds like fightin' words ... :)
    --

    "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers ..."
    -William S. Gilbert
    Laleh Shireen, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Moody Marco

    trout Guest

    Moody Marco wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c0qa$9ueq1$1@ID-
    >> 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >>
    >>> I notice many people seem to use this.
    >>>
    >>> Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    >> Have you tried it? Have you read the homepage about its features?

    Boy, you *are* moody. Nobody said anything about 'wasted bandwidth'.
    It just makes sense to go to their site to find out about the product
    features.
    Anyhow; my favourite things are the versatility in viewing,
    manipulating, re-sizing and converting various formats (and the huge
    number of formats it covers), as well as the handy right-click context
    menu task short-cuts.
    --
    "But you really *should* go read up on it at the site."
    trout, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Moody Marco

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:11:21 +0100, "Moody Marco" <>
    wrote:

    >I notice many people seem to use this.
    >
    >Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >
    >Thanks!

    It is only the best viewer that does soooo much for free.
    I have ACDsee the much touted viewer, and all I use it for is to make
    index files when I am making more than a few.
    I also have paint shop pro and use it rarely to do things such as rotate
    ..2 or so. If you have not tried it out, maybe you should.
    joevan
    joevan, Apr 23, 2004
  8. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    "Laleh Shireen" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >: "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c17k$a9qn3$1@ID-
    >: 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >:
    >: > Boomer wrote:
    >: >> "Moody Marco" <> wrote in
    >: >> news:c6c0qa$9ueq1$1@ID- 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >: >>
    >: >>> I notice many people seem to use this.
    >: >>>
    >: >>> Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >: >>>
    >: >>> Thanks!
    >: >>
    >: >> Have you tried it? Have you read the homepage about its
    >: >> features?
    >: >
    >:
    >: Are you lazy to go to the homepage and read about IrfanView?
    >:
    >
    > Them sounds like fightin' words ... :)

    No, not really. :)

    Irfan does *so* much! And people use it differently. If I mentioned
    why I like it, it may not be what he is looking for or would like. So
    for such a multi-featured program, _I feel_ it would be better for him
    to read the site and decide if it does what he wants it to do.
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  9. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:11:21 +0100, "Moody Marco"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I notice many people seem to use this.
    >>
    >>Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>

    > It is only the best viewer that does soooo much for free.
    > I have ACDsee the much touted viewer, and all I use it for is to
    > make index files when I am making more than a few.
    > I also have paint shop pro and use it rarely to do things such as
    > rotate .2 or so. If you have not tried it out, maybe you should.
    > joevan

    If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great
    little graphics program! Free too!
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  10. Moody Marco

    philo Guest

    "Moody Marco" <> wrote in message
    > I notice many people seem to use this.
    >
    > Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Irfan View is a great image viewer. I discovered it only after I'd already
    purchased AcdSee. Although AcdSee is good, I found that it crashes
    from time to time but IrfanView has never crashed so I think it's actually
    better.
    Additionally I was able to setup a few obsolete scanners either with missing
    or very poor acquisition software and I found that thanks to
    Irfan View ...the scanners were quite usable and I was able to help
    out a few of my friends who have very little money.

    Irfan View is one of the few pieces of freeware thar was so good...
    I decided to make the optional payment.
    philo, Apr 23, 2004
  11. Moody Marco

    one_red_eye Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Laleh Shireen" <> wrote in
    >
    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >: "Moody Marco" <> wrote in news:c6c17k$a9qn3$1@ID-
    > >: 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    > >:
    > >: > Boomer wrote:
    > >: >> "Moody Marco" <> wrote in
    > >: >> news:c6c0qa$9ueq1$1@ID- 68982.news.uni-berlin.de:
    > >: >>
    > >: >>> I notice many people seem to use this.
    > >: >>>
    > >: >>> Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    > >: >>>
    > >: >>> Thanks!
    > >: >>
    > >: >> Have you tried it? Have you read the homepage about its
    > >: >> features?
    > >: >
    > >:
    > >: Are you lazy to go to the homepage and read about IrfanView?
    > >:
    > >
    > > Them sounds like fightin' words ... :)

    > No, not really. :)
    >
    > Irfan does *so* much! And people use it differently. If I mentioned
    > why I like it, it may not be what he is looking for or would like. So
    > for such a multi-featured program, _I feel_ it would be better for him
    > to read the site and decide if it does what he wants it to do.

    I'd never heard of this program before, it's great!

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.
    one_red_eye, Apr 23, 2004
  12. Moody Marco

    Slacker Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great
    > little graphics program! Free too!

    That looks a great program, but I can't find the download program any
    where on his website. Where can one download an Eng ver ?? or do you
    have to be a cheese eater to use it?
    --
    Slacker
    Slacker, Apr 23, 2004
  13. Moody Marco

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:24:15 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >"Moody Marco" <> wrote in message
    >> I notice many people seem to use this.
    >>
    >> Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >Irfan View is a great image viewer. I discovered it only after I'd already
    >purchased AcdSee. Although AcdSee is good, I found that it crashes
    >from time to time but IrfanView has never crashed so I think it's actually
    >better.
    >Additionally I was able to setup a few obsolete scanners either with missing
    >or very poor acquisition software and I found that thanks to
    >Irfan View ...the scanners were quite usable and I was able to help
    >out a few of my friends who have very little money.
    >
    >Irfan View is one of the few pieces of freeware thar was so good...
    >I decided to make the optional payment.

    What version of acdsee do you have. I have been using it for years all
    versions from way back. never had it crash. And I am using a 400
    megahertz celeron. Also the 166 megahertz downstairs use 4.0 w/out
    crashing.
    joevan
    joevan, Apr 23, 2004
  14. Moody Marco

    Slacker Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great little
    >> graphics program! Free too!

    > That looks a great program, but I can't find the download program any
    > where on his website. Where can one download an Eng ver ?? or do you
    > have to be a cheese eater to use it?
    > --
    > Slacker

    Ahhh, just found it.. oui oui!!!
    --
    Slacker
    Slacker, Apr 23, 2004
  15. Moody Marco

    joevan Guest

    On 23 Apr 2004 22:09:08 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    >joevan <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:11:21 +0100, "Moody Marco"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I notice many people seem to use this.
    >>>
    >>>Other than it's free, what's so good about it?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks!
    >>>

    >> It is only the best viewer that does soooo much for free.
    >> I have ACDsee the much touted viewer, and all I use it for is to
    >> make index files when I am making more than a few.
    >> I also have paint shop pro and use it rarely to do things such as
    >> rotate .2 or so. If you have not tried it out, maybe you should.
    >> joevan

    >If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great
    >little graphics program! Free too!

    I went to the site and it is all in French. I understand a good bit of
    French but am not sure where the download section is. I always like to
    check out good programs, especially when free.
    joevan
    joevan, Apr 23, 2004
  16. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    "one_red_eye" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    >> Irfan does *so* much! And people use it differently. If I
    >> mentioned why I like it, it may not be what he is looking for or
    >> would like. So for such a multi-featured program, _I feel_ it
    >> would be better for him to read the site and decide if it does
    >> what he wants it to do.
    >>

    > I'd never heard of this program before, it's great!

    I think I downloaded my first Irfanview back in '97.

    Yes, it is a darn great freeware. :)
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  17. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    Slacker <> wrote in

    > Slacker wrote:
    >
    >> Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great little
    >>> graphics program! Free too!

    >> That looks a great program, but I can't find the download program
    >> any where on his website. Where can one download an Eng ver ?? or
    >> do you have to be a cheese eater to use it?
    >> --
    >> Slacker

    > Ahhh, just found it.. oui oui!!!
    > --
    > Slacker

    :)
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  18. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On 23 Apr 2004 22:09:08 GMT, Boomer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>joevan <> wrote in

    >>> It is only the best viewer that does soooo much for free.
    >>> I have ACDsee the much touted viewer, and all I use it for is to
    >>> make index files when I am making more than a few.
    >>> I also have paint shop pro and use it rarely to do things such
    >>> as rotate .2 or so. If you have not tried it out, maybe you
    >>> should. joevan

    >>If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great
    >>little graphics program! Free too!

    > I went to the site and it is all in French. I understand a good
    > bit of French but am not sure where the download section is. I
    > always like to check out good programs, especially when free.
    > joevan

    It is a nice little program.
    http://photofiltre.free.fr/dowload.htm

    Use Google to translate sites. :)
    http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  19. Moody Marco

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:56:55 -0700, Slacker <>
    wrote:

    >Slacker wrote:
    >
    >> Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you like PSP you might want to try PhotoFiltre. Great little
    >>> graphics program! Free too!

    >> That looks a great program, but I can't find the download program any
    >> where on his website. Where can one download an Eng ver ?? or do you
    >> have to be a cheese eater to use it?
    >> --
    >> Slacker

    >Ahhh, just found it.. oui oui!!!

    là où est il
    joevan
    joevan, Apr 24, 2004
  20. Moody Marco

    Boomer Guest

    Slacker <> wrote in
    [snip]

    > Ahhh, just found it.. oui oui!!!
    > --
    > Slacker

    Be sure to download the masks and all the other goodies. :)
    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004