    Many Thanks

    DarkAngel

    ---

    Dark Angel, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Dark Angel

    trout Guest

    Dark Angel wrote:

    > I'm wondering if any of you good people out there can help?
    >
    > I'm running windows XP home edition and I have tried to install
    > irfanview several times but unfortunately have had to uninstall it
    > due to it corrupts all my files could it be a missing codec or
    > something? Any ideas?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > DarkAngel

    "Corrupts all your files"?? I don't see how this would be possible.
    Do you actually mean that the files aren't displayed/played correctly?
    Did you download and install the plug-ins at the same time? What type of
    files are you associating with it during the installation process?
    --
    "Please try to describe the problem somewhat more specifically."

    trout, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Dark Angel

    Olly Aitch Guest

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:45:49 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:

    >Dark Angel wrote:
    >
    >> I'm wondering if any of you good people out there can help?
    >>
    >> I'm running windows XP home edition and I have tried to install
    >> irfanview several times but unfortunately have had to uninstall it
    >> due to it corrupts all my files could it be a missing codec or
    >> something? Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >>
    >> DarkAngel

    > "Corrupts all your files"?? I don't see how this would be possible.
    >Do you actually mean that the files aren't displayed/played correctly?
    >Did you download and install the plug-ins at the same time? What type of
    >files are you associating with it during the installation process?
    >--
    >"Please try to describe the problem somewhat more specifically."

    I have a similar problem in that I've used Irfanview to rotate an
    image and then save it, when I've then viewed the image it's in black
    and white (the original WAS colour). This only happens sometimes but
    it's made me wary of Irfanview which I had thought was a great piece
    of software but I guess you get what you (don't) pay for.

    Olly Aitch, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Dark Angel

    philo Guest

    > I have a similar problem in that I've used Irfanview to rotate an
    > image and then save it, when I've then viewed the image it's in black
    > and white (the original WAS colour). This only happens sometimes but
    > it's made me wary of Irfanview which I had thought was a great piece
    > of software but I guess you get what you (don't) pay for.

    although i;ve not had any problems with irfanview
    with any photo editing it;s always best to edit a *copy* of the file
    just in case of error

    philo, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Dark Angel

    hugh jass Guest

    Interesting... I have NEVER had any problems with Irfanview. I have run it
    on XP for over a year and on win2k for a year before that.
    Also sometimes use ACDSee Classic, which is free and also quite good for
    viewing and minor editing purposes. Perhaps you could try this and see if
    it works for you.
    good luck. hj

    --
    ______________________
    "philo" <NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote in message
    :
    : >
    : > >

    hugh jass, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Dark Angel

    trout Guest

    philo wrote:

    >> I have a similar problem in that I've used Irfanview to rotate an
    >> image and then save it, when I've then viewed the image it's in black
    >> and white (the original WAS colour). This only happens sometimes but
    >> it's made me wary of Irfanview which I had thought was a great piece
    >> of software but I guess you get what you (don't) pay for.

    > although i;ve not had any problems with irfanview
    > with any photo editing it;s always best to edit a *copy* of the file
    > just in case of error

    ....Or use "save as" to save the altered image separately.
    --
    "Although I've never seen anything like this happen."

    trout, Sep 26, 2003