    Can someone remind me please?

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, May 16, 2009

  2. Terry Pinnell

    REM Guest

    >Terry Pinnell <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to use IrfanView Thumbnails to browse a folder of files
    >made with PaintShop Pro 8, but they're all black. I'm sure there's
    >some setting or plug-in to fix this but darned if I can find it ;-(

    >Can someone remind me please?

    Are the PSP files in a standard format, such as .jpg, .bmp., etc?

    Or, are they in the proprietary PSP format? I don't know what that
    extension ism but I wouldn't be surprised if other programs cannot
    open or convert.
    REM, May 16, 2009

  3. Terry Pinnell

    mianileng Guest

    Terry Pinnell wrote:
    > I'm trying to use IrfanView Thumbnails to browse a folder of
    > files
    > made with PaintShop Pro 8, but they're all black. I'm sure
    > there's
    > some setting or plug-in to fix this but darned if I can find it
    > ;-(
    >
    > Can someone remind me please?

    I don't have any PSP image to test with, but my installation of
    Irfanview 4.23 with plugins lists the Paint Shop Pro extension
    ..PSP among compatible formats.
    mianileng, May 16, 2009
  4. Terry Pinnell

    REM Guest

    > "mianileng" <> wrote:

    >>Terry Pinnell wrote:
    >> I'm trying to use IrfanView Thumbnails to browse a folder of
    >> files
    >> made with PaintShop Pro 8, but they're all black. I'm sure
    >> there's
    >> some setting or plug-in to fix this but darned if I can find it
    >> ;-(

    >> Can someone remind me please?

    >I don't have any PSP image to test with, but my installation of
    >Irfanview 4.23 with plugins lists the Paint Shop Pro extension
    >.PSP among compatible formats.

    http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

    Man. I really only used it to resize images. They have plugins galore.

    There is a link to get all plugins in one installation file. I'll have
    to grab that the next time I have high speed.
    REM, May 16, 2009
  5. Terry Pinnell

    mianileng Guest

    REM wrote:
    >> "mianileng" <> wrote:

    >>> Terry Pinnell wrote:
    >>> I'm trying to use IrfanView Thumbnails to browse a folder of
    >>> files
    >>> made with PaintShop Pro 8, but they're all black. I'm sure
    >>> there's
    >>> some setting or plug-in to fix this but darned if I can find
    >>> it
    >>> ;-(

    >>> Can someone remind me please?

    >> I don't have any PSP image to test with, but my installation
    >> of
    >> Irfanview 4.23 with plugins lists the Paint Shop Pro extension
    >> .PSP among compatible formats.

    > http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

    Yep. It was negligent of me not to provide the link in my

    > Man. I really only used it to resize images. They have plugins
    > galore.
    >
    > There is a link to get all plugins in one installation file.
    > I'll have
    > to grab that the next time I have high speed.

    I feel for you. It's only a little over a year since I first
    started using broadband. Downloads like the 7MB Irfanview plugin
    seem trivial now even on my modest 2 Mbps connection, but I well
    remember how huge it seemed on dial-up.
    mianileng, May 16, 2009
  6. (REM) wrote:

    >> "mianileng" <> wrote:

    >>>Terry Pinnell wrote:
    >>> I'm trying to use IrfanView Thumbnails to browse a folder of
    >>> files
    >>> made with PaintShop Pro 8, but they're all black. I'm sure
    >>> there's
    >>> some setting or plug-in to fix this but darned if I can find it
    >>> ;-(

    >>> Can someone remind me please?

    >>I don't have any PSP image to test with, but my installation of
    >>Irfanview 4.23 with plugins lists the Paint Shop Pro extension
    >>.PSP among compatible formats.

    >http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm
    >
    >Man. I really only used it to resize images. They have plugins galore.
    >
    >There is a link to get all plugins in one installation file. I'll have
    >to grab that the next time I have high speed.

    Thanks all. It's odd, as I do have the full plug-in set. I haven't
    included .PSPimage in my IrfanView associations (I open them for
    editing in PSP 8) but that shouldn't affect IV's ability to view them.
    Yet whatever method I use (Open With, drag, etc) they just appear
    black.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, May 16, 2009
  7. Terry Pinnell <> wrote:

    > (REM) wrote:

    >>>I don't have any PSP image to test with, but my installation of
    >>>Irfanview 4.23 with plugins lists the Paint Shop Pro extension
    >>>.PSP among compatible formats.

    >>http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm
    >>
    >>Man. I really only used it to resize images. They have plugins galore.
    >>
    >>There is a link to get all plugins in one installation file. I'll have
    >>to grab that the next time I have high speed.
    >>

    >Thanks all. It's odd, as I do have the full plug-in set. I haven't
    >included .PSPimage in my IrfanView associations (I open them for
    >editing in PSP 8) but that shouldn't affect IV's ability to view them.
    >Yet whatever method I use (Open With, drag, etc) they just appear
    >black.

    OK, sorted thanks. This has caught me out before and I'd forgotten.
    IrfanView cannot render PSP files with layers. The batch I was trying
    were all freshly created text on a black background.

    When I merged all layers together, IV could display them.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, May 16, 2009