    unclear how to use this feature.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, Nov 11, 2011

  2. On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:57:57 +0000, Terry Pinnell wrote:

    [Tagging in IrfanView: x / Shift+q]
    > I turned hopefully to Search, but although there are some hits, I'm still
    > unclear how to use this feature.

    When you have a folder with lots of images, you can browse through
    them one after another in the main IrfanView window (preferably
    full screen) by hitting Space/Back keys. In this situation, you
    may wish to *select* a couple of images (out of the whole lot) for
    later operation, like copy, create panorama or contact sheet,...

    The x key lets you *select* images, meaning: they get an invisible
    tag only valid throughout the current IrfanView session. When you
    think you're done (all required images are tagged), you hit Shift+q
    and the thumbnail browser opens with only /those/ images selected,
    that you had tagged earlier.

    BeAr
    Please note: Only f-ups to acf are read.
    = What do you mean with: "Perfection is always an illusion"? =
    B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson, Nov 11, 2011