    On my old computer I use to see a thumbnail view of jpegs and avi movie
    clips. On my new computer it does not give me a thumbnail for AVI's movie
    clips. Do I need to install something?
    lbbss, Apr 26, 2005

  2. lbbss

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    lbbss took 5 lines to utter:

    >On my old computer I use to see a thumbnail view of jpegs and avi movie
    >clips. On my new computer it does not give me a thumbnail for AVI's movie
    >clips. Do I need to install something?

    <rant>

    You need to shape up, and at least acknowledge all of the help
    you've had over the past few years, without ever once (to my
    knowledge) having the common decency to say "thank you",
    or even "kiss my ass". I can understand the 'fly-by's not
    responding, but you have received goodness knows how much
    help in this group -- I have helped you 5 or 6 times so far, this
    month alone -- and the responder always seems to have a battle
    understanding where you're coming from. I was going to answer
    this, but ... stuff it.

    </rant>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005

  3. lbbss

    old john Guest

    now now mike, that`s not like you. has someone upset you today ?.
    (smiles an old mans` smile). stay cool good mike. best wishes..J
    ps. i know i top post, and i don`t care.

    old john, Apr 26, 2005
  4. lbbss

    °Mike° Guest

    No, it's not like me, but this "lbbss" has been asking questions
    in this group for years, and never once have I seen him/her
    acknowledge the people that help him/her. It's not a service;
    they do it on their own time (mostly); they do it for whatever
    reasons, selfish or public-spirited, but they do it, nonetheless.
    This person is not the easiest person to help, coming over as
    somewhat dim, either. I don't (nor have I ever) expect courteous
    could at least acknowledge those that give up their time for them.
    I don't like discourtesy.

    In <IVvbe.8918$>,
    old john took 34 lines to utter:

    >now now mike, that`s not like you. has someone upset you today ?.
    >(smiles an old mans` smile). stay cool good mike. best wishes..J
    >ps. i know i top post, and i don`t care.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005
  5. lbbss

    Rob K Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:55:56 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

    <snipped>
    > I don't like discourtesy.

    Neither do I.

    I'm listening to Radio Classica's web cast. Suddenly, I heard someone
    shout something that sounded like "Bloody hell, I've had enough of
    this !" A quick trace yielded 'somewhere north of London' as the origin
    of the packets. Could that have been you?

    Seriously though. I very much agree with your reply to old john, thank
    you for posting that message. Food for thought for the non-trolling part
    of this group.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13
    vf ab ybatre gurer, abg rira ng ubgznvy.
    Rob K, Apr 26, 2005
  6. lbbss

    Shiv Guest

    Well thats what we are here for ....."to help!"......right everybody...
    anyways-
    Follow these steps;
    -Open the folder that you have your jpegs or avi's in it
    -Go to view and choose thumbnails

    you are good to go
    Shiv, Apr 26, 2005
  7. lbbss

    Rob K Guest

    On 26 Apr 2005 14:00:38 -0700, Shiv wrote:

    Inline:
    > Well thats what we are here for

    We? TINW.

    > you are good to go

    Thank you. OP is the one with Irfanview troubles, so .... !

    :)

    Rob K, Apr 26, 2005
  8. lbbss

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Rob K took 19 lines to utter:

    >Seriously though. I very much agree with your reply to old john, thank
    >you for posting that message. Food for thought for the non-trolling part
    >of this group.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005
  9. lbbss

    Dr. Zonk Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:21:06 +0200, Rob K <> the
    braindead moron scribbled the following stupid silly shit:

    >On 26 Apr 2005 14:00:38 -0700, Shiv wrote:
    >
    >Inline:
    >> Well thats what we are here for

    >We? TINW.
    >
    >> you are good to go

    >Thank you. OP is the one with Irfanview troubles, so .... !
    >
    >:)

    Hey Rob, this Shiv person doesn't know how to do follow-ups to every
    message he replies to in this newsgroup. Stupid moron.
    Dr. Zonk, Apr 26, 2005
  10. lbbss

    gangle Guest

    "Shiv" wrote
    > Well thats what we are here for ....."to help!"......right everybody...
    > anyways-

    Who the **** are you to decide what other people are
    doing in this NG?

    > Follow these steps;
    > -Open the folder that you have your jpegs or avi's in it
    > -Go to view and choose thumbnails
    >
    > you are good to go

    You are not even quoting any text here -- who are
    you talking to?
    gangle, Apr 27, 2005
  11. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    You are absolutely right Mike. Sorry I did not have time to check the ng
    until today. You have been very helpful Mike to the point where recently
    I have started to recognise your name, with the fancy circles trademark
    around it. I am grateful for those that take the time to answer
    questions on this news group. I don't take the time to thank most of the
    replies I get, and maybe I should do it more often, especially people like
    you, with a name that I start recognizing.
    Maybe I should not be using windows, that way I would not need to post
    so many questions :) lol I don't think posting a thanks you for every
    reply I get is appropriate, but never thanking perhaps a worst crime. I do
    on occasion thank people that have help me with a working solution. A lot
    of the times I just don't think of it, or don't have the time because I am
    at work.
    My big frustration is that half of posted questions (mostly windows
    related) never get a working solution. I guess, I only have my self to
    blame for not switching to Mac. Anyways, Mike your comments were noted,
    thanks for your help.
    lbbss, Apr 27, 2005
  12. lbbss

    Guest

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:27:41 -0400, "lbbss" <> wrote:

    |>You are absolutely right Mike. Sorry I did not have time to check the ng
    |>until today. You have been very helpful Mike to the point where recently
    |>I have started to recognise your name, with the fancy circles trademark
    |>around it. I am grateful for those that take the time to answer
    |>questions on this news group. I don't take the time to thank most of the
    |>replies I get, and maybe I should do it more often, especially people like
    |>you, with a name that I start recognizing.
    |> Maybe I should not be using windows, that way I would not need to post
    |>so many questions :) lol I don't think posting a thanks you for every
    |>reply I get is appropriate, but never thanking perhaps a worst crime. I do
    |>on occasion thank people that have help me with a working solution. A lot
    |>of the times I just don't think of it, or don't have the time because I am
    |>at work.

    |> My big frustration is that half of posted questions (mostly windows
    |>related) never get a working solution.

    Providing advice/suggestions long distance does have it's draw backs.

    One poster ask'd for advice and folks work'd with him for 4 days, at
    which time he mention'd this only happen's on his CD - square one-

    |> I guess, I only have my self to blame for not switching to Mac.

    I learn'd long ago it's best to go where the support is.

    You can run windows on a Mac with Wine.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/darwine/

    Thanks for the reply.

    --
    The Eagle Nebula image release on Hubble's 15th birthday
    http://tinyurl.com/982nm (space.com)
  13. lbbss

    Mehmet Celer Guest

    Dr. Zonk wrote:

    >On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:21:06 +0200, Rob K <> the
    >braindead moron scribbled the following stupid silly shit:
    >

    >>On 26 Apr 2005 14:00:38 -0700, Shiv wrote:
    >>
    >>Inline:
    >>

    >>>Well thats what we are here for
    >>>

    >>We? TINW.
    >>

    >>>you are good to go
    >>>

    >>Thank you. OP is the one with Irfanview troubles, so .... !
    >>
    >>:)
    >>

    >Hey Rob, this Shiv person doesn't know how to do follow-ups to every
    >message he replies to in this newsgroup. Stupid moron.

    STFU Zoo manhandler
    Mehmet Celer, Apr 27, 2005
  14. lbbss

    Mehmet Celer Guest

    gangle wrote:

    >"Shiv" wrote
    >

    >>Well thats what we are here for ....."to help!"......right everybody...
    >> anyways-
    >>

    >Who the **** are you to decide what other people are
    >doing in this NG?
    >

    >>Follow these steps;
    >>-Open the folder that you have your jpegs or avi's in it
    >>-Go to view and choose thumbnails
    >>
    >>you are good to go
    >>

    >You are not even quoting any text here -- who are
    >you talking to?

    Tell the faggot man tell him!!!
    Mehmet Celer, Apr 27, 2005
  15. lbbss

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    lbbss took 20 lines to utter:

    >You are absolutely right Mike. Sorry I did not have time to check the ng
    >until today.

    That's not a problem; time isn't the issue here.

    >You have been very helpful Mike to the point where recently I have
    >started to recognise your name, with the fancy circles trademark
    >around it.

    Only recently? I'm wounded.

    >I am grateful for those that take the time to answer questions on
    >this news group.

    If that's the case, then why not acknowledge those people?

    >I don't take the time to thank most of the replies I get, and maybe
    >I should do it more often, especially people like you, with a name
    >that I start recognizing.

    I think that those who receive genuine help -- it's not just you -- should
    show their appreciation, no matter if they recognise the helper, or not.

    > Maybe I should not be using windows, that way I would not need to post
    >so many questions :) lol

    I see your smiley, but that's just rubbish. I use Windows, and
    how often do you see me asking for help?

    >I don't think posting a thanks you for every reply I get is appropriate,

    Not for *every* reply, no, but certainly at the conclusion of a thread,
    if you have received help, it would be appropriate, don't you think?

    >but never thanking perhaps a worst crime.

    Yep.

    >I do on occasion thank people that have help me with a working solution.

    Ok, I'll take your word for that.

    >A lot of the times I just don't think of it,

    Aha. Therein lies the problem, I suspect. Well think about this: where
    else would you have been able to get all of the help and advice that
    you have received in this group, and others, for free? And think about
    that EVERY time you post a question.

    >or don't have the time because I am at work.

    Time isn't the issue, here, is it? You can always reply the next
    day; this isn't a chat room.

    > My big frustration is that half of posted questions (mostly windows
    >related) never get a working solution.

    As I indicated in my initial reply to you, it is not easy to understand
    your posts, at times. You really should read the "goodpost" links
    that frequently get posted to this group. Remember, DETAILS is
    everything in long distance aid; words are all that the reader can
    see. They have no knowledge of you or your system.

    >I guess, I only have my self to blame for not switching to Mac.

    Again, a cop-out.

    >Anyways, Mike your comments were noted, thanks for your help.

    Thank you for responding, and you're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 27, 2005