    should I uninstall 3.85 first.

    Thanks,
    Bruce

    Bruce, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Bruce

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bruce wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
    >
    > I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now IrfanView
    > version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then the plug-ins, or
    > should I uninstall 3.85 first.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bruce

    I think that is 3.9.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Bruce

    Steve Guest

    Bruce wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
    >
    > I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now
    > IrfanView version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then
    > the plug-ins, or should I uninstall 3.85 first.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bruce

    Bruce:

    At work, Our team has been using IrfanView for several years and I keep the
    group updated. I would recommend the following:

    1) Download IrfanView 3.90
    2) Download all_plugins 3.90
    3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
    4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85

    Good luck,

    Steve

    Steve, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in

    > Bruce wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
    >>
    >> I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now
    >> IrfanView version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then
    >> the plug-ins, or should I uninstall 3.85 first.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bruce

    > Bruce:
    >
    > At work, Our team has been using IrfanView for several years and I
    > keep the group updated. I would recommend the following:
    >
    > 1) Download IrfanView 3.90
    > 2) Download all_plugins 3.90
    > 3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
    > 4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks, Steve. Yes, Ron, I goofed...it's 3.90

    Bruce

    Bruce, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Bruce

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bruce wrote:
    > "Steve" <> wrote in
    >

    >>Bruce wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
    >>>
    >>>I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now
    >>>IrfanView version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then
    >>>the plug-ins, or should I uninstall 3.85 first.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Bruce

    >>Bruce:
    >>
    >>At work, Our team has been using IrfanView for several years and I
    >>keep the group updated. I would recommend the following:
    >>
    >>1) Download IrfanView 3.90
    >>2) Download all_plugins 3.90
    >>3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
    >>4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85
    >>
    >>Good luck,
    >>
    >>Steve
    >>

    > Thanks, Steve. Yes, Ron, I goofed...it's 3.90
    >
    > Bruce

    I also follow the same update process as Steve outlined.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 26, 2004
  6. "Steve" <> wrote:

    >1) Download IrfanView 3.90
    >2) Download all_plugins 3.90
    >3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
    >4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85

    Steve,

    followed your advice---worked very nicely and kept all settings.
    Thanks.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.