    the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    and virus scans come up empty.

    Ed
    Ed Warner, Dec 25, 2006

  2. Ed Warner

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ed Warner wrote:
    > Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    > you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    > mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    > the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    > and virus scans come up empty.
    >
    > Ed

    No such problem here, but then I have never tried to do a panorama with
    Irfanview.... Didn't know it had such a feature.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Ed Warner

    Joe935 Guest

    Ed Warner wrote:
    > Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    > you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    > mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    > the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    > and virus scans come up empty.
    >
    > Ed

    Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
    having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
    hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
    too.

    Joe Calderone Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
    Joe935, Dec 25, 2006
  4. Ed Warner

    CoMa Guest

    Can this be of some help ?

    There are 3 updated IrfanView plugins
    http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

    Plugins updated after the version 3.99:
    1. jpg_transform.zip - Jpg_Transform: fixes the problem with 0 EXIF-DPI
    (Photoshop crash).
    2. impdf.zip - ImPDF: fixes the Win98 problem.
    3. ftp.zip - FTP: fixes the Exit button problem.
    CoMa, Dec 25, 2006
  5. On this special day, CoMa wrote :

    > There are 3 updated IrfanView plugins
    > http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

    Thanks for the headsup.

    Gabriele Neukam

    --
    Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen lesen Sie bitte die Packungsbeilage und
    fragen Sie Ihren Astrologen oder Kartenleger.
    Gabriele Neukam, Dec 25, 2006
  6. Ed Warner

    Ed Warner Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > Ed Warner wrote:
    > > Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    > > you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    > > mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    > > the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    > > and virus scans come up empty.
    > >
    > > Ed
    > >

    > No such problem here, but then I have never tried to do a panorama with
    > Irfanview.... Didn't know it had such a feature.

    It's not one of those fancy panorama stitchers, just a horizontal or
    vertical combiner. See Image menu.

    Ed
    Ed Warner, Dec 25, 2006
  7. Ed Warner

    Ed Warner Guest

    Joe935 wrote:

    > Ed Warner wrote:
    > > Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    > > you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    > > mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    > > the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    > > and virus scans come up empty.
    > >
    > > Ed

    > Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
    > having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
    > hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
    > too.

    So far, so good. It makes sense to update plugins at the same time.

    Ed
    Ed Warner, Dec 25, 2006
  8. Ed Warner

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Joe935 wrote:
    > Ed Warner wrote:
    >> Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    >> you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    >> mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    >> the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    >> and virus scans come up empty.
    >>
    >> Ed

    > Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
    > having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
    > hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
    > too.
    >
    > Joe Calderone Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

    Irfan is an amazing guy. Not only does he continue to update the
    program, but he personally involves himself in individualized customer
    support of a FREE program! Even better, the program is somewhat of an
    example of quality in a free product. If only all programs (even
    commercial ones) could boast of such support.....
    Ron Hunter, Dec 26, 2006
  9. Ed Warner

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Gabriele Neukam wrote:
    > On this special day, CoMa wrote :
    >
    >> There are 3 updated IrfanView plugins
    >> http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

    > Thanks for the headsup.
    >

    > Gabriele Neukam

    ALWAYS update both the Irfanview program and the plugins at the same time!
    Ron Hunter, Dec 26, 2006
  10. Ed Warner

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ed Warner wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Ed Warner wrote:
    >>> Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    >>> you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    >>> mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    >>> the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    >>> and virus scans come up empty.
    >>>
    >>> Ed
    >>>

    >> No such problem here, but then I have never tried to do a panorama with
    >> Irfanview.... Didn't know it had such a feature.

    > It's not one of those fancy panorama stitchers, just a horizontal or
    > vertical combiner. See Image menu.
    >
    > Ed

    Thanks. Will investigate. I have been using Irfanview so long that I
    tend to just install the updates and continue using the program as I
    have before. My bad!
    Ron Hunter, Dec 26, 2006
  11. Ed Warner

    Guest

    he wouldn't object if you sent him some money :) ... i did ...

    steve

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 03:10:31 -0600, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote:

    >Joe935 wrote:
    >> Ed Warner wrote:
    >>> Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
    >>> you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
    >>> mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
    >>> the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
    >>> and virus scans come up empty.
    >>>
    >>> Ed

    >> Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
    >> having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
    >> hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
    >> too.
    >>
    >> Joe Calderone Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
    >>

    >Irfan is an amazing guy. Not only does he continue to update the
    >program, but he personally involves himself in individualized customer
    >support of a FREE program! Even better, the program is somewhat of an
    >example of quality in a free product. If only all programs (even
    >commercial ones) could boast of such support.....
    , Dec 27, 2006