    * Disconnected ().
    * Looking up irc.freenode.net
    * Connecting to irc.freenode.net (32.1.25.240) port 8001...

    Ara, Feb 15, 2012

  2. Ara

    Enkidu Guest

    On 15/02/12 19:44, Ara wrote:
    > I can't seem to get up on freenode.net am using Xchat. Have tried
    > irc.freenode.net/8001 and irc.freenode.net/6667 but connection
    > refused.
    >
    > Is it just me, or anyone else has/had this problem ?
    >

    > * Looking up irc.freenode.net * Connecting to chat.freenode.net
    > (32.1.25.240) port 8001... * Connection failed. Error: Network is
    > unreachable Cycling to next server in FreeNode... * Disconnected ().
    > * Looking up irc.freenode.net * Connecting to irc.freenode.net
    > (32.1.25.240) port 8001...

    Both work for me. The message implies that the DNS lookup has happened
    OK, but the connection attempt has failed. Usually this message
    indicates a local problem. Can you connect to any websites?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Feb 15, 2012

  3. Ara

    Ara Guest

    Have just installed Konversation and tried that.
    Worked first time.

    Must be an Xchat problem at this end.

    Thanks anyway. You were right - connection but no IRC.

    Ara, Feb 15, 2012