    are there any anymore?

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.
    cowboyz, Jul 28, 2005

  2. cowboyz

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:24:35 +1200, cowboyz wrote:

    > are there any anymore?

    do you mean New Zealand based IRC servers?, or New Zealand orientated
    channels?
    Freenode and Undernet I know at least have nz channels.

    Shane, Jul 28, 2005

  3. cowboyz

    XPD Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.sulym9emlk46je@xp2100...
    > are there any anymore?
    >
    > --
    > Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.

    You mean NZ based IRC servers ? Dont think so.
    Plenty of NZ based channels though on the intl servers
    XPD, Jul 28, 2005
  4. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:27:07 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:24:35 +1200, cowboyz wrote:
    >
    >> are there any anymore?

    > do you mean New Zealand based IRC servers?, or New Zealand orientated
    > channels?
    > Freenode and Undernet I know at least have nz channels.

    ok. thanks for that.

    to be more specfic.

    Are there any channels people actually chat on?

    I have brosed freenode server but seem to only find broken english and no
    intelligent chats out there. Stuck at home listening to Hi5 and if I
    don't get some intelligent conversation then I am afriad of what might
    happen.......

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.
    cowboyz, Jul 28, 2005
  5. cowboyz

    thing2 Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > are there any anymore?

    Not large public (ie with a global reach) NZ ones, too high a bandwidth
    cost due to the script kiddies attacks.

    I'd run one but I dont think my managment would agree, I would need a
    business case.......

    :(

    Undernet has channels like #wellington, #nzlinux #faultliners etc etc

    regards

    thing
    thing2, Jul 28, 2005
  6. cowboyz

    thing2 Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:27:07 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:24:35 +1200, cowboyz wrote:
    >>
    >>> are there any anymore?

    >> do you mean New Zealand based IRC servers?, or New Zealand orientated
    >> channels?
    >> Freenode and Undernet I know at least have nz channels.
    >>

    > ok. thanks for that.
    >
    > to be more specfic.
    >
    > Are there any channels people actually chat on?
    >
    > I have brosed freenode server but seem to only find broken english and
    > no intelligent chats out there. Stuck at home listening to Hi5 and if
    > I don't get some intelligent conversation then I am afriad of what
    > might happen.......

    Undernet

    depends what you want,

    you can do a /list [subject] to find your poison.

    #nzlinux, #linuxhelp

    :)

    #thing (well its just me so not much chatting!)

    ;]

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Jul 28, 2005
  7. cowboyz

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:24:35 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:

    >are there any anymore?

    Dunno but it brings back memories, cut my Internet teeth on IRC over
    10 years ago, chopping and changing between Mirc and Pirch, seeing who
    could outdo the other with fancy footwork, actually met a few fellow
    IRC'ers from overseas, not one bad experience amongst them.

    Squirrel
    Squirrel, Jul 28, 2005
  8. cowboyz

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:42:15 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:27:07 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:24:35 +1200, cowboyz wrote:
    >>
    >>> are there any anymore?

    >> do you mean New Zealand based IRC servers?, or New Zealand orientated
    >> channels?
    >> Freenode and Undernet I know at least have nz channels.
    >>

    >ok. thanks for that.
    >
    >to be more specfic.
    >
    >Are there any channels people actually chat on?
    >
    >I have brosed freenode server but seem to only find broken english and no
    >intelligent chats out there. Stuck at home listening to Hi5 and if I
    >don't get some intelligent conversation then I am afriad of what might
    >happen.......

    Hit your MSN button and we can chat, awlays keen to add new friends :)

    Squirrel
    Squirrel, Jul 28, 2005
  9. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:57:20 +1200, Squirrel <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:42:15 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:27:07 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >> wrote:

    >>> do you mean New Zealand based IRC servers?, or New Zealand orientated
    >>> channels?
    >>> Freenode and Undernet I know at least have nz channels.
    >>>

    >> ok. thanks for that.
    >>
    >> to be more specfic.
    >>
    >> Are there any channels people actually chat on?
    >>
    >> I have brosed freenode server but seem to only find broken english and
    >> no
    >> intelligent chats out there. Stuck at home listening to Hi5 and if I
    >> don't get some intelligent conversation then I am afriad of what might
    >> happen.......

    > Hit your MSN button and we can chat, awlays keen to add new friends :)
    >
    > Squirrel

    sweet as..... Anyone can add me to their list on
    (no hassleing (has that go an e in it??) about
    the msn address.. I don't use it...

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.
    cowboyz, Jul 28, 2005
  10. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    > Undernet
    >
    > depends what you want,
    >
    > you can do a /list [subject] to find your poison.
    >
    > #nzlinux, #linuxhelp
    >
    > :)
    >
    > #thing (well its just me so not much chatting!)
    >
    > ;]
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I cant find ant of those channels on undernet using
    eu.undernet.org,
    graz2.at.eu.undernet.org,
    graz.at.eu.undernet.org,
    elsene.be.eu.undernet.org,
    geneva.ch.eu.undernet.org,
    zagreb.hr.eu.undernet.org,
    amsterdam.nl.eu.undernet.org,
    ede.nl.eu.undernet.org,
    oslo.no.eu.undernet.org,
    stockholm.se.eu.undernet.org,
    surrey.uk.eu.undernet.org

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.
    cowboyz, Jul 28, 2005
  11. cowboyz

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:03:11 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:57:20 +1200, Squirrel <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:42:15 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:

    >>> ok. thanks for that.
    >>>
    >>> to be more specfic.
    >>>
    >>> Are there any channels people actually chat on?
    >>>
    >>> I have brosed freenode server but seem to only find broken english and
    >>> no
    >>> intelligent chats out there. Stuck at home listening to Hi5 and if I
    >>> don't get some intelligent conversation then I am afriad of what might
    >>> happen.......

    >> Hit your MSN button and we can chat, awlays keen to add new friends :)
    >>
    >> Squirrel
    >>

    >sweet as..... Anyone can add me to their list on
    > (no hassleing (has that go an e in it??) about
    >the msn address.. I don't use it...

    Got you loaded and ready for action, what is to laugh about btw, am I
    missing something (no e btw)

    Squirrel ;)
    Squirrel, Jul 28, 2005
  12. cowboyz

    thingy Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    >> Undernet
    >>
    >> depends what you want,
    >>
    >> you can do a /list [subject] to find your poison.
    >>
    >> #nzlinux, #linuxhelp
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> #thing (well its just me so not much chatting!)
    >>
    >> ;]
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing
    >>

    > I cant find ant of those channels on undernet using
    > eu.undernet.org,
    > graz2.at.eu.undernet.org,
    > graz.at.eu.undernet.org,
    > elsene.be.eu.undernet.org,