  1. Does anyone know can Nikon sb-600 and sb-800 be triggered with infra
    red trigger. I know older Nikon flashes can.
    thanks.

    Marco Bacardi, Nov 28, 2006

  2. Marco Bacardi wrote:

    > Does anyone know can Nikon sb-600 and sb-800 be triggered with infra
    > red trigger. I know older Nikon flashes can.

    Why waste your time with it when you can use Nikon CLS or buy yourself a set
    of PocketWizards. You'll love PocketWizards.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Marco Bacardi

    George K Guest

    Attach an SU-4 to the SB-600 or set the SB-800 to the SU-4 mode, and
    flash will trigger the Speedlight. Remember to turnoff your camera's
    pre-flashes.

    George K, Nov 28, 2006
  4. George K wrote:

    > Attach an SU-4 to the SB-600 or set the SB-800 to the SU-4 mode, and
    > flash will trigger the Speedlight. Remember to turnoff your camera's
    > pre-flashes.

    Do you find the SU-4 even remotely worthwhile over Nikon's CLS? The SU-4
    was great when used with the SB28, but with CLS on the SB800 the SU-4 is
    pretty much obsolete.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Marco Bacardi

    Roy G Guest

    "Marco Bacardi" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know can Nikon sb-600 and sb-800 be triggered with infra red
    > trigger. I know older Nikon flashes can.
    > thanks.

    If you have an SB 600 & 800, and are using a properly equipped Nikon Camera,
    D70, D80, D200 etc, then you don't need any other triggers. The on Camera
    Flash can trigger both of them and set the light output wirelessly.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Nov 29, 2006
  6. Marco Bacardi

    George K Guest

    It is needed to use flashes that can not utilize Nikon's wireless CLS
    flashes.

    George K, Nov 29, 2006