IPV6, NAT-PT

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Philip D'Ath, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Philip D'Ath

    Philip D'Ath Guest

    I'm trying to get NAT-PT support working on a Cisco DSL router to
    support native ipv6 clients behind it. I've done a lot of searching,
    and can't find the answers to what I'm doing wrong. I have two problems.

    First, I can't get them to grab additional parameters from DHCP. I'm using:

    ipv6 dhcp pool dhcppool
    dns-server ::210.55.12.1
    - I know the above is not likely to answer AAAA requests,
    but I plan to use DNS-ALG
    domain-name local.arpa

    Interface Ethernet0
    ipv6 enable
    ipv6 nd other-config-flag
    ipv6 dhcp server dhcppool

    The second problem is I can't NAT-PT to work at all. It doesn't even
    attempt to do translations. Snippits I'm using are:

    Interface Dialer0
    description ipv4 Interface connecting to Internet
    ipv6 nat

    Interface Ethernet0
    description ipv6 Interface connection to local lan (aka LINK-LOCAL)
    ipv6 address 3FFE:AAAA:BBBB:1::9/64
    - An address copied from an example, hope to use LINK-LOCAL
    addresses later
    ipv6 enable
    ipv6 nat

    ipv6 nat translation udp-timeout 600
    ipv6 nat v6v4 source list pt-list1 interface Dialer0 overload
    ipv6 nat prefix 3FFE:B00:1::/96
    ipv6 access-list pt-list1
    permit ipv6 3FFE:AAAA:BBBB:1::/64 any
    Philip D'Ath, Feb 25, 2005