    that does me much good :-(

    Cheers

    BTW the 3rd part router as yet does not support L2TP.

    Don Julio, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Don Julio

    Plain Guest

    Don:
    Can you give us little more information on your IPSEC and
    third party routers, such as manufacturer(s), operating
    environment,....

    Jane

    between an XP box and 3rd
    >party router using certificates. I managed to configure

    this using
    >pre-shared keys, although in typical MS fashion it was a

    little long winded.
    >I bloody well haven't been able to find anything on the

    MS website so far

    Plain , Dec 8, 2003

  3. Don Julio

    Don Julio Guest

    Hi

    I work for the company who manufacture the routers and as we are a fairly
    young company there is a fair chance you haven't heard of us. I'm pretty
    much an expert on configuring these so that part isn't the problem and have
    had it working with pre-shared keys. Its the Windows side I could do with
    help with and I guess if I had some info on configuring XP/2000 to vpn with
    a CISCO using certificates that would suffice. The reason I want to do this
    is so I can write an app note and it should just be a straight forward IPSC
    tunnel between the two and I'm happy just to get some SA action going on,
    from there I can jig around with scenarios.

    Although we are writing code to enable the use of L2TP it isn't ready yet so
    as yet this isn't an option.

    Thanks

    "Plain " <> wrote in
    message news:077a01c3bdbb$1553e6e0$...

    Don Julio, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Don Julio

    Don Julio Guest

    Listen "Kokk", lol

    I was heaping hot coals in this NG long before you went into rehab

    "kokk"....lol

    "kokk".......HA HA HA HA......."kokk"

    Don Julio, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Don Julio

    JaR Guest

    "Don Julio" <> wrote in message

    > "kokk".......HA HA HA HA......."kokk"

    Kokk? Why that weminds me of our gweat fwiend, Biggus Dickus.

    What's so funny?

    JaR, Dec 8, 2003
  6. yesterday we configured certificate-based l2tp/ipsec tunnel between windows
    2k and contivity box. still got some issues, but the idea is clear for me.
    if there are any pro's in that, help would be greatly appreciated

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Don Julio

    Don Julio Guest

    He has a wife you know................do you want to know her
    name................Incontinentia Buttocks, lol

    Don Julio, Dec 9, 2003
  8. Don Julio

    Don Julio Guest

    I'm still at it folks :-( Unfortunately I can't spend all day, everyday
    researching this which is a bit of a bugger.

    Anyhoo, I've done some fiddling about and got a little further,
    however....will someone look at the jpeg and see the "not available" in the
    location column. What process makes the cert available. I have a CA cert
    which I self signed and the key pair that goes with it which I signed with
    the CA.

    Feel free to spell out the basics, because in all honesty, I'm kind of
    winging it.

    As an insentive there is a bottle of Babycham for the ladies and a litre of
    Castrol GTX for the gents if I get this going with your help.

    Big up!
    --
    Don Julio
    MCNGP # 11