    Is it possible to run Ipsec (Both tunnel or transport mode) over an
    MPLS (SP) Network?
    thanks in advance .

    lespoal, Sep 4, 2005

  2. lespoal

    Ivan Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is it possible to run Ipsec (Both tunnel or transport mode) over an
    > MPLS (SP) Network?
    > thanks in advance .

    Yes, it is. We have some banks running such setup over telecom MPLS
    network.

    --
    Ivan

    *** User rot13 to see my eMail address ***

    Ivan, Sep 4, 2005

  3. lespoal

    stephen Guest

    "lespoal" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to run Ipsec (Both tunnel or transport mode) over an
    > MPLS (SP) Network?

    yes

    a normal MPLS telco setup doesnt have anything "MPLS specific" on the CE
    (router on the telco side of the demarcation), so IPsec can be used on it
    like any other feature.

    the main stumbling block is if the telco doesnt want to do this, or you want
    to manage your own security keys (since 1 reason to do this is to protect
    you from the telco itself).

    in those cases you may be able to get a service where you run the CE routers
    rather than the telco (a lot of telcos operate this style of service for
    outsourcers or SIs), or you can add another device to handle tunnels between
    the CE router and your LAN. i have seen both styles of service work well.

    --
    Regards

    stephen, Sep 5, 2005
  4. lespoal

    hasna458

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    good morning
    how can i configure an ipsec over mpls network
    thanks in advance

    hasna458, Aug 29, 2011