    running and yes I have rebooted may many times?

    I am using Windows XP Pro

    , Jul 11, 2009

  2. XS11E Guest

    lid wrote:

    > if ipodservice.exe is disabled in msconfig services, why is it still
    > running and yes I have rebooted may many times?
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro

    This group is for Windows 64 bit questions only, you'll probably find
    someone more able to answer your question if you post in the proper
    group. Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.gen, that's where the Windows XP
    experts hang out.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, Jul 11, 2009

  3. Tom Ferguson Guest

    Are you using an iPod or the iTunes service?

    Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 11, 2009
  4. Guest

    Tom Ferguson wrote:
    > Are you using an iPod or the iTunes service?

    I do have iTunes on the computer.

    , Jul 11, 2009
  5. Tom Ferguson Guest

    The program "ipodservice.exe" is part of the utility used for both
    connecting to the iPod and the service. If you remove the software for the
    iTunes service, that file should be removed.

    If you want to keep the service available-

    Navigate to Start Run and type, without the quotes
    "cmd.exe"

    Then type, without the quotes
    "sc config iPodService start= disabled".

    Let us know.

    Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 11, 2009