    Whats the deal with batteries i heard awful stories about them not
    lasting long.

    Thanks in advance

    Starkey, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Starkey wrote:
    > Just wandering on peoples experinces, im in the process of buying one
    > probably a 20giger i need music for the gym and work.
    > Whats the deal with batteries i heard awful stories about them not
    > lasting long.

    18 months from what I have read... but I think it depends on the number
    of charge cycles or something similar, so less charges means longer life.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Starkey wrote:
    >
    >> Just wandering on peoples experinces, im in the process of buying one
    >> probably a 20giger i need music for the gym and work.
    >> Whats the deal with batteries i heard awful stories about them not
    >> lasting long.

    > 18 months from what I have read... but I think it depends on the number
    > of charge cycles or something similar, so less charges means longer life.

    I think one of the funnier urls about the battery life was
    www.ipodsdirtylittlesecret.com or similar.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Starkey wrote:
    > Just wandering on peoples experinces, im in the process of buying one
    > probably a 20giger i need music for the gym and work.
    > Whats the deal with batteries i heard awful stories about them not
    > lasting long.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I don't think I get the full 12 hours out of it. I wonder if it's
    because I use regular headphones instead of the earphones that come with
    it, so I'm turning it up louder than I would be if I was using them.

    I got mine shipped from mp3direct.com.au. I was happy with their service
    and saved (plus there were no 40GB 4G models in NZ at that stage). On
    Renaisance's site it says that Apple's portable products have an
    international warranty, so I'm assuming there'd be no problem getting it
    fixed if it broke down.

    I'm looking forward to Pioneer releasing their iPod adapter so you can
    browse it through their head units. Alpine do one as well, it's meant to
    be pretty shitty.

    I'm a Trampoline, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Starkey

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>,
    Starkey <> wrote:

    > Just wandering on peoples experinces, im in the process of buying one
    > probably a 20giger i need music for the gym and work.
    > Whats the deal with batteries i heard awful stories about them not
    > lasting long.

    I've had a 30 GB iPod for more than two years.

    Like all rechargable batteries, it doesn't last as long now as it did at
    first, but it's still good for a road trip from Wellington to Auckland,
    or from Wellington to Ruapehu and back, which is fine. And for longer
    trips I can charge it in the car anyway.

    *All* recgargable batteries wear out in time, and the iPod is no
    different. I had to replace my car battery yesterday. Last month I
    bought a new battery for my 1998 laptop computer. I bought a new cell
    phone in June because it wasn't much more than buying a new battery for
    the old phone.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Dec 2, 2004