    firewall settings, or ...???

    Cheers,
    Gregor

    Gregor Ronald, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Gregor Ronald

    Damos Guest

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:01:52 +1300, Gregor Ronald
    <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm experimenting with Juice, the latest version of iPodder the podcast
    > client. Using a Mac, OS 10.4, home ADSL going out to the world via
    > wireless to my home router, then via a firewall at work. (Lucky me,
    > work pays and my traffic terminates on the work LAN.)
    >
    > But - Juice polls the sites I've set up - two they provided and two I
    > added for initial tests -- then reports "No episodes found." It also
    > won't let me edit feed names, but I can paste URLs for New Site. I have
    > Juice v2.2 - is this just a flaky version or should I check some
    > firewall settings, or ...???
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Gregor

    I've been using Ipodder 2.1 for the last 6months or so and had no
    problems with it dehind a dlink router via LAN
    Mainly BBC related streams. Had to cut and paste the URLs as double
    clicking just loaded a new page in Opera.
    Silly question I know, but I assume that there are new episodes to
    download??

    Damos

    Damos, Feb 15, 2006

  3. i realise there may not be new episodes in all four sites I have so
    far, but one site is a test site which presumably always has something
    to download, and another is Ricky Gervais (The Office) hosted by the
    Guardian in the UK, and it definitely has a current download.
    (http://www.guardian.co.uk/podcasts/rickygervais/mp3.xml)

    Maybe I'm doing something dumb, should the URLs look like this or have
    I got the wrong format?

    The other thing that seems flaky is that the new feed dialogue wonn't
    allow me to type anything in the Name/description field - perhaps this
    is just a flaky beta of the new Juice version, and I should go for an
    earlier version.

    Thanks for the interest, any suggestions welcomed.

    Gregor

    Gregor Ronald, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Fixed! It was proxy settings - it's amazing how a Mac has so many
    places where proxy settings are saved. I turned off "Use proxy server"
    and it works... Doh, wish I'd looked here 2 days ago.

    Cheers,
    Gregor

    Gregor Ronald, Feb 16, 2006