    what I read you need a USB 2 port to make them work, their system only
    has 1.1. Does anyone know a work around? Would a USB 2 PCI card add
    USB 2 or does the motherboard have to be USB 2?

    Steve, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Steve

    Baron Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Hello,
    > My neighbors daughters both received an Ipod Touch as a gift
    > and are having trouble connecting them to their "old" computer. From
    > what I read you need a USB 2 port to make them work, their system only
    > has 1.1. Does anyone know a work around? Would a USB 2 PCI card add
    > USB 2 or does the motherboard have to be USB 2?

    Just add a USB2 card.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, Mar 3, 2008

  3. "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > My neighbors daughters both received an Ipod Touch as a gift
    > and are having trouble connecting them to their "old" computer. From
    > what I read you need a USB 2 port to make them work, their system only
    > has 1.1. Does anyone know a work around? Would a USB 2 PCI card add
    > USB 2 or does the motherboard have to be USB 2?

    Yes, a PCI card with USB ports will be USB2.0. They make them with 4 ports,
    you probably want that many. They also make an extension cord that will let
    you bring one port to the front of the machine so you don't always have to
    get to the back to plug in the flash drive or whatever USB device you are
    using at the time.

    This should resolve the problem for you.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 4, 2008