iPod to Computer songs

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael Mc Grenaghan, Jul 18, 2006.

  1. My computer's hard drive died, and I had to replace it. All my songs
    are still intact on my iPod, but how do I get them back on the PC?
    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    fred-bloggs Guest

    fred-bloggs, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Margolotta Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:49:14 +0100, Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote
    (in article <>):

    > My computer's hard drive died, and I had to replace it. All my songs
    > are still intact on my iPod, but how do I get them back on the PC?

    <www.versiontracker.com> (should auto-detect you're running Windoze). Type in
    your search term and you'll find plenty of applets that will allow you to
    copy songs from 'Pod to 'puter. I use something called iPodRip, but it's
    Macintosh only. Fantastic app though - and the developers are very helpful
    (well, they're Aussies - and, therefore by definition, completely insane, but
    I mean that in a nice way). And, best of all, it's 'charity-ware'.

    But that doesn't help you. The good thing about VT is that it allows its
    users to rate the apps and these are then passed on to the developers. I
    never download anything from there that has fewer than 4 stars. I also have a
    rule that I never download anything more than six months old because it could
    indicate that the developer has abandoned it.

    Another good place to look is <www.softpedia.com> but bear in mind it's based
    in the Czech Republic, so the English leaves something to be desired! There's
    also no user rating system.

    Just to give you an example - plugging in iPod as the search term, the first
    item is 'iPod to Folder' which looks as though it might do what you need and
    it has 5 stars, *BUT* it's not been updated since November 2004, so how well
    it'll work with a nano/video or iTunes 6 is anyone's guess.

    iPod2PC looks as though it'll do what you need - it's shareware, though, but
    it's got 5 stars from someone and only 1 from some disgruntled eejit who
    obviously couldn't figure out how to use it. It's $19.90 to register. It was
    updated just 3 days ago, though.
    Margolotta, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    maggot bint Guest

    "Michael Mc Grenaghan" <> wrote in message
    > My computer's hard drive died, and I had to replace it. All my songs
    > are still intact on my iPod, but how do I get them back on the PC?

    Hi
    Elsewhere in this thread, the pompous long-winded margolotta gets
    it wrong yet again, just click this link and there is a full pictorial
    guide how to:
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/ip_gettingstarted_t14.html
    Once site has loaded, just click the "Learn more" arrow.
    maggot bint, Jul 19, 2006