ipod shuffle trouble

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Stass, May 2, 2008.

  1. Stass

    Stass Guest

    i apologize in advance if this is the wrong ng for this question and i
    would ask that someone direct me to the correct one...

    so when i plug my ipod shuffle into the usb port it blinks orange and
    opens itunes and it says "syncing ipod please wait"
    well, during this time i check the "unplug or eject hardware" dialog
    box and click properties and it says the deivice is working properly.
    Then, when the syncing is finished and it stops blinking orange and
    itunes says "ok to disconnect"...the same dialog box says there are no
    drivers for this device!
    Now, i read the instructions and it is supposed to shine solid orange
    when it is charging but it never does...
    I can charge it a little at a time if i leave it hooked up over night
    but in the manual it says 4 hrs should be enough--well, it's not!

    what's wrong?!?!?!

    help appreciated,

    gls

    Stass, May 2, 2008