    Classic. I have about 40GB of music and this is basically going to be
    a form of backup and a way to have Music in the car and the office and
    i didnt want to be locked into Itunes

    Collector»NZ, Apr 27, 2008

  2. Collector»NZ

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 02:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Collector»NZ
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks folks, my main reasoning is that I am looking at getting 80GB
    >Classic. I have about 40GB of music and this is basically going to be
    >a form of backup and a way to have Music in the car and the office and
    >i didnt want to be locked into Itunes

    itunes is actually quite a good piece of software. Given that you
    are only going to half fill it, you could put a duplicate copy of your
    music on there by using it as a drive. You'd need it duplicated as
    the ipod won't play it from there.

    Craig Shore, Apr 27, 2008

  3. Collector»NZ

    Tony Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Thanks folks, my main reasoning is that I am looking at getting 80GB
    > Classic. I have about 40GB of music and this is basically going to be
    > a form of backup and a way to have Music in the car and the office and
    > i didnt want to be locked into Itunes

    Just make sure you set itunes to store in mp3 format not the mp4a format
    and you should be fine.

    Tony, Apr 30, 2008