    that were loaded on it are on several different computers. Is there an easy
    way to take everything off her old one onto a single computer than put it
    all onto the new one.
    DZN, Feb 16, 2009

  2. On 2009-02-16, DZN <> wrote:
    > I hate these things, they always break but I have a question. My wife's
    > IPod works but the screen is shot. I bought her a new IPod. Is there an
    > easy way to get her music off that IPod and into the new one. The songs
    > that were loaded on it are on several different computers. Is there an easy
    > way to take everything off her old one onto a single computer than put it
    > all onto the new one.

    It depends on what type of iPod. I was able to take the music off an
    iPod shuffle by using it as a mass storage device and opening it using
    Windows Explorer. However, I don't *think* all iPods will work that
    way. YMMY

    http://lifehacker.com/software/ipod/how-to-copy-songs-from-your-ipod-to-your-pc-105256.php
    * Geeks Rule, Nerds Drool http://www.crankygeeks.com
    * Support the UIP: Keep Blinky's dream alive http://improve-usenet.com
    * RLU 451587
    * *********************************************************************
    John The Geek, Feb 16, 2009

  3. "DZN" <> wrote in message
    >I hate these things, they always break but I have a question. My wife's
    >IPod works but the screen is shot. I bought her a new IPod. Is there an
    >easy way to get her music off that IPod and into the new one. The songs
    >that were loaded on it are on several different computers. Is there an
    >easy way to take everything off her old one onto a single computer than put
    >it all onto the new one.

    iTunes is your friend here...
    Charlie Darwin, Feb 17, 2009