    would be very appreciated.

    Thank you very much Chris

    , Jun 20, 2007

  2. Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 20, 8:01 am, wrote:
    > We are running Sunfires V240 with Solaris 10 and IPMP as failover
    > enabled, connected to Cisco 4506 Switches. As soon as we run Backup's
    > or Restore from Veritas Netbackup, we face serious Network Problems.
    >
    > This means several Servers in the same subnet are no longer
    > available.
    > If we disable the IPMP, by shutting down one port of one Cisco Switch
    > we have no problems at all.
    >
    > After a few months running only with one NIC and trying with
    > different
    > "experts". They all checked the configs and told me everything is
    > looking fine. But is not running as designed
    >
    > If someone faced the same problem and was able to solve it, a hint
    > would be very appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you very much Chris

    IPMP requires no special configurations on the switch side that I'm
    aware of. I'm not aware of whether or not it has different modes like
    failover vs. true etherchannel or not, but we use IPMP for just
    failover and it just requires access ports, and several IPs. Can you
    paste your switch configs for these ports? What is your intention,
    simple failover or something else? Are these boxes connected to
    separate switches or the same one?

    Trendkill, Jun 20, 2007