    Would have to go through all this if Sipgate hadn't gone down the pan.

    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 5, 2006

  2. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:lLfdh.12102$...
    > Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

    Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls () ,
    except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax family)
    Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service

    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Philippe Deleye:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:lLfdh.12102$...
    >> Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?
    >>

    > Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls () ,
    > except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax family)
    > Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service
    >
    > Philippe

    Strange as I have VoIPTalk forwarded to my VoIPStunt account, but have
    to use and not voipstunt and they
    are working fine.

    But I can't use the same from IPKall as it just doesn't work, thought
    about having IPKall go to one of the VoIPTalk accounts I have forwarded
    to VoIPStunt account, but that doesn't work.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 5, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh Philippe Deleye:
    >> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    >> message news:lLfdh.12102$...
    >>> Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?
    >>>

    >> Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls ()
    >> , except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax
    >> family) Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service
    >>
    >> Philippe

    > Strange as I have VoIPTalk forwarded to my VoIPStunt account, but have
    > to use and not voipstunt and they
    > are working fine.
    >
    > But I can't use the same from IPKall as it just doesn't work, thought
    > about having IPKall go to one of the VoIPTalk accounts I have
    > forwarded to VoIPStunt account, but that doesn't work.

    Just to follow up.

    Even though my VoIPTalk number is forwarded to VoIPStunt account and
    when calling the VoIPTalk number it does ring my VoIPStunt account and
    it all works fine, when I call the IPKall number that is forwarded to
    the VoIPTalk number that is forwarded to VoIPStunt I get the VoIPTalk
    voicemail.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 5, 2006
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Steve Hayes Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

    > Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?
    >
    > I've managed to get VoIPTalk to VoIPStunt to work, but can't seem to get
    > IPKALL to VoIPStunt to play ball.
    >
    > Thought about trying IPKALL to VoIPTalk to VoIPStunt, not sure I was
    > using the correct to VoIPTalk settings, but tried different combinations
    > but still nothing.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas.
    >
    > Would have to go through all this if Sipgate hadn't gone down the pan.

    I've also been caught out by the IPKall-Sipgate business. There's still no
    sign of a fix but I have to say that Sipgate has been almost 100% reliable
    otherwise since the blocking was introduced.

    I tried various forwarding tricks, e.g. pointing IPKall to an FWD number and
    forwarding that to Sipgate but they don't work. Without the forwarding, the
    FWD line will ring and it can call the Sipgate phone but it looks like
    either IPKall won't accept the forwarding or Sipgate is seeing that the
    call isn't originating from FWD and won't accept it.

    What does work though (and should with VOIPStunt and most others too) is to
    forward IPKall directly to the phone. In my case, I have a static IP
    address and several phones. The one I want to receive the IPKall calls is
    on port 5070 so I put my static IP address followed by a colon and 5070
    (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070) as the SIP proxy in the IPKall account
    configuration. I have my Sipgate number as the SIP Phone number but I
    suspect it won't matter what you put there.

    I have ports 5070-5099 forwarded to the phone on my Draytek router. This
    range seemed to be needed with the previous temperamental Linksys router.
    Perhaps only one port (5070) really needs to be forwarded but I don't think
    direct IPKall forwarding will work without at least that.

    IPKall configuration changes seem to take more than the stated 60 minutes to
    take effect. Several hours is more like it in my experience so be patient.

    Since IPKall calls come directly to the phone, Sipgate voicemail can't pick
    them up. They just ring and ring if unanswered or go to silence if the
    phone is off-line. Normal calls via Sipgate come in as usual.

    Some guesses now:

    If your phone is on the standard SIP port (5060), you probably don't need to
    specify it.

    If you have a dynamic IP number (as most people will), I imagine a dynamic
    DNS service can be used. Put your dynamic DNS address in place of the
    static IP number.

    This may not work with some locked ATAs (Vonage?). It stands no chance with
    Skype.

    Good luck.
    --
    ----Steve Hayes, South Wales, UK----
    Please remove colours from my e-mail address.

    Steve Hayes, Dec 5, 2006
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    News Reader Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <> wrote in message
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?
    > >

    > Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls () ,
    > except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax family)
    > Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service
    >
    > Philippe

    Hi,

    Looking at VoipBuster, they seem to be quite lively over there - check their
    forums (trialing various new services, etc.), they have introduced a test of
    direct SIP dialling for SIP users so that you can call a VoipBuster (and a
    few of the other outfits I guess) user, by dialling the username @
    sip.betamaxdomain.etc . Only works (according to them and their forum I
    think it was) for SIP users (i.e. you cannot initiate a SIP call using the
    above dialling format to a softphone user - only someone using their
    services via SIP).

    As regards the OP's IPKALL side of the query, I can't see any reason why
    that wouldn't work... as others have said, I understand IPKALL configuration
    updates can take a while, ... and if it works with VoIPTalk..? Hmm...
    strange, I think I had some other thoughts.. but lol... I am sure someone
    else with come up with some other good input :) .

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Dec 6, 2006
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    andy Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > > Thus spaketh Philippe Deleye:
    > >> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    > >> message news:lLfdh.12102$...
    > >>>
    > >> Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls ()
    > >> , except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax
    > >> family) Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service
    > >>
    > >> Philippe

    > > Strange as I have VoIPTalk forwarded to my VoIPStunt account, but have
    > > to use and not voipstunt and they
    > > are working fine.
    > >
    > > But I can't use the same from IPKall as it just doesn't work, thought
    > > about having IPKall go to one of the VoIPTalk accounts I have
    > > forwarded to VoIPStunt account, but that doesn't work.

    > Just to follow up.
    >
    > Even though my VoIPTalk number is forwarded to VoIPStunt account and
    > when calling the VoIPTalk number it does ring my VoIPStunt account and
    > it all works fine, when I call the IPKall number that is forwarded to
    > the VoIPTalk number that is forwarded to VoIPStunt I get the VoIPTalk
    > voicemail.

    I think it's down to peering agreements that the Finarea/Betamax
    companies evidently do have with some providers, but we don't know
    which. I can't really help, after discovering it when people said
    nothing worked, as I'm still a beginner. Most other people have more
    accounts to try it from

    Calling the pstn number works from pstn, but not via various SIP routes
    so maybe there are enum issues as well. Calling the SIP address from eg
    Babble in X-lite doesn't work - it's shown as forbidden, so I imagine
    that VC have blocked it. I can't figure anything with Voxalot at the
    moment either.

    I know hardly anything of the detail of SIP, so can someone explain how
    providers actually block incoming calls, eg - naive question - is it a
    firewall method?

    andy, Dec 6, 2006
  8. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    andy Guest

    andy wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > > > Thus spaketh Philippe Deleye:

    > > > Strange as I have VoIPTalk forwarded to my VoIPStunt account, but have
    > > > to use and not voipstunt and they
    > > > are working fine.
    > > >
    > > > But I can't use the same from IPKall as it just doesn't work, thought
    > > > about having IPKall go to one of the VoIPTalk accounts I have
    > > > forwarded to VoIPStunt account, but that doesn't work.

    > > Just to follow up.
    > >
    > > Even though my VoIPTalk number is forwarded to VoIPStunt account and
    > > when calling the VoIPTalk number it does ring my VoIPStunt account and
    > > it all works fine, when I call the IPKall number that is forwarded to
    > > the VoIPTalk number that is forwarded to VoIPStunt I get the VoIPTalk
    > > voicemail.
    > >

    > I think it's down to peering agreements that the Finarea/Betamax
    > companies evidently do have with some providers, but we don't know
    > which. I can't really help, after discovering it when people said
    > nothing worked, as I'm still a beginner. Most other people have more
    > accounts to try it from
    >
    > Calling the pstn number works from pstn, but not via various SIP routes
    > so maybe there are enum issues as well. Calling the SIP address from eg
    > Babble in X-lite doesn't work - it's shown as forbidden, so I imagine
    > that VC have blocked it. I can't figure anything with Voxalot at the
    > moment either.
    >
    > I know hardly anything of the detail of SIP, so can someone explain how
    > providers actually block incoming calls, eg - naive question - is it a
    > firewall method?

    Ok, sorry to bump; I should have tried this earlier - beginner's luck,

    - try Freedigits instead, assuming your actual US area code isn't an
    issue* (i.e. Iowa instead of Seattle/Washington)

    *
    In the USA, there are different tariffs from landlines to long distance
    (local calls are free), so some people here might want to get (pay for)
    an area code where most of their contacts are.

    Mobiles don't have any difference for long-distance, so anyone from
    here just wanting a US DID for methods to call home from a US cellphone
    when they visit there doesn't really mind what area code ...

    andy, Dec 6, 2006
  9. Thus spaketh andy:
    > andy wrote:
    > - try Freedigits instead, assuming your actual US area code isn't an
    > issue* (i.e. Iowa instead of Seattle/Washington)
    >
    > *
    > In the USA, there are different tariffs from landlines to long
    > distance (local calls are free), so some people here might want to
    > get (pay for) an area code where most of their contacts are.
    >
    > Mobiles don't have any difference for long-distance, so anyone from
    > here just wanting a US DID for methods to call home from a US
    > cellphone when they visit there doesn't really mind what area code ...

    Will have a look, thanks.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 6, 2006
  10. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh andy:
    >> andy wrote:
    >> - try Freedigits instead, assuming your actual US area code isn't an
    >> issue* (i.e. Iowa instead of Seattle/Washington)
    >>
    >> *
    >> In the USA, there are different tariffs from landlines to long
    >> distance (local calls are free), so some people here might want to
    >> get (pay for) an area code where most of their contacts are.
    >>
    >> Mobiles don't have any difference for long-distance, so anyone from
    >> here just wanting a US DID for methods to call home from a US
    >> cellphone when they visit there doesn't really mind what area code

    > Will have a look, thanks.

    Have now signed up and it works well. Couldn't sign up yesterday as
    there was some problem or other.

    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 8, 2006