    but their website is gone.

    Any suggestions?
    , Aug 8, 2006

  2. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
    > people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
    > which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
    > but their website is gone.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Hire a lawyer. You are now at the mercy of the bankruptcy court.

    Jim
    Jim, Aug 8, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
    > people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
    > which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
    > but their website is gone.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I do not revel in your particular situation, but as far as bankruptcy is
    concerned, it couldn't have happened to a nicer company.

    http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/business/article/0,1406,KNS_376_4895460,00.html

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
    Unclaimed Mysteries, Aug 8, 2006
  4. "Unclaimed Mysteries"
    <> wrote in
    message news:Rz3Cg.1491$...
    SNIP
    > I do not revel in your particular situation, but as far as
    > bankruptcy is concerned, it couldn't have happened to a nicer
    > company.

    Hear, hear.

    Too bad for those who invested in that company, a day of joy for the
    rest of the (VR) world. Now let's wait and see who picks up the unjust
    patent that was based on prior work, and which stifled innovation.

    To the OP, maybe the new owners of the (for you) relevant information
    will come up with a solution, but I realise that's no real solution
    for the shorter term.

    Maybe it's best to seek an alternative, there are several free, or
    cheap, ones available. It depends on you specific needs which would be
    most efficient.

    --
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Pat Guest

    You're probably SOL, but it would be worth it to try Googling your own
    pics and seeing if Google has them stored in cache.

    Pat, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Jim Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > You're probably SOL, but it would be worth it to try Googling your own
    > pics and seeing if Google has them stored in cache.

    Even if they are stored somewhere, the OP may not see them until the legal
    system has sorted out who owns what.
    The legal system seems to run at glacial speed.
    Jim

    Jim, Aug 9, 2006
  7. Guest

    wrote:
    > Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
    > people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
    > which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
    > but their website is gone.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Did/nt Steve from Steve-Digicams rip into and get stuck into IPIX on
    his website

    [Must have stepped on Steves toe or something?]
    , Aug 9, 2006