    of picts to combine into a DVD slide show using Mac's built in DVD
    burner and burning application? Will the new Toast 6.0 burn DVD's on
    the iMac internal burner?
    clw, Sep 24, 2004

  2. clw wrote:

    > I am considering a new iMac, and I have many "files" of JPEG digital
    > photos.
    >
    > Can iPhoto import those older JPEG's? Can iPhoto be used as the origin
    > of picts to combine into a DVD slide show using Mac's built in DVD
    > burner and burning application? Will the new Toast 6.0 burn DVD's on
    > the iMac internal burner?

    Yes on all but the last, and that's "I dunno", but almost certainly. For
    more questions, the NGroup comp.sys.mac.systems is the place to go.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 24, 2004

  3. clw

    Guest

    clw <> wrote:
    > I am considering a new iMac, and I have many "files" of JPEG digital
    > photos.

    > Can iPhoto import those older JPEG's? Can iPhoto be used as the origin
    > of picts to combine into a DVD slide show using Mac's built in DVD
    > burner and burning application? Will the new Toast 6.0 burn DVD's on
    > the iMac internal burner?

    Yes, to all your questions. You may also not need Toast because all
    Macs come with software to burn DVDs right out of the box.
    , Sep 24, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    clw <> wrote:

    > I am considering a new iMac, and I have many "files" of JPEG digital
    > photos.
    >
    > Can iPhoto import those older JPEG's?

    Yes, just drag the files onto the iPhoto window, or press some Import
    button will do the trick.

    > Can iPhoto be used as the origin of picts to combine into a DVD
    > slide show using Mac's built in DVDburner and burning application?

    From iPhoto you can export to anywhere (just drag the photo's to a place
    on your hard drive, or a burnable CD/DVD).

    From iPhoto you can directly burn a CD or DVD, by pressing the 'burn'
    button.

    But I have not found a way to create a Slide show on CD/DVD. Sure, you
    can export the files onto a CD/DVD, and perform the slide show on any
    other computer using iPhoto or any other tool (on Mac or Windows), but I
    would like a stand alone slide show ... never happened ;-(

    > Will the new Toast 6.0 burn DVD's on the iMac internal burner?

    Who needs Toast when Mac OS X does almost all the burning you need? The
    only thing Mac OS X does not do is 'multi session CD' burning ... So for
    that you'd need Toast or some other app ...

    PS:
    Mac OS X can do multi session, but it requires some extra work:
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021010063520637
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020718080952616
    and many more on that same website ...

    --

    Wouter F. Wessels
    Gouda, the Netherlands
    Wouter Wessels, Oct 7, 2004
  5. clw

    Ray Fischer Guest

    clw <> wrote:
    >I am considering a new iMac, and I have many "files" of JPEG digital
    >photos.
    >
    >Can iPhoto import those older JPEG's? Can iPhoto be used as the origin
    >of picts to combine into a DVD slide show using Mac's built in DVD
    >burner and burning application? Will the new Toast 6.0 burn DVD's on
    >the iMac internal burner?

    Yes, Toast works fine with the internal burner and is generally faster
    and more flexible than Apple's software.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Oct 18, 2004
  6. Hi Ray,

    << Can iPhoto import those older JPEG's? >>

    Yes.

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon
    Conrad Weiler, Oct 18, 2004