iPhoto for the PC??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ryan, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    Hi,

    I posted the other day looking for a place to create hardcover photos
    books. I had used MyPublisher but really hate their new book creating
    software (which actually has fewer features than their old web based
    book creator) and have had lots of error messages and problems using
    the book making software at Sony Imagestation.

    Someone recommended iPhoto to me and it looks GREAT, but it appears to
    only work on Macs and I am PC based. Unless there is a PC based version
    of iPhoto, I am out of luck and that's a shame since it's looks
    terrific!

    Anyone know of a place that creates hardcover photo books for the PC
    simular to iPhoto but NOT the two I've named above I already had
    problems with??

    Gosh, you'd think this would be a big business but vendors seem to be
    few and far between.

    Ryan, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Ryan

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Ryan" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I posted the other day looking for a place to create hardcover photos
    > books. I had used MyPublisher but really hate their new book creating
    > software (which actually has fewer features than their old web based
    > book creator) and have had lots of error messages and problems using
    > the book making software at Sony Imagestation.
    >
    > Someone recommended iPhoto to me and it looks GREAT, but it appears to
    > only work on Macs and I am PC based. Unless there is a PC based version
    > of iPhoto, I am out of luck and that's a shame since it's looks
    > terrific!
    >
    > Anyone know of a place that creates hardcover photo books for the PC
    > simular to iPhoto but NOT the two I've named above I already had
    > problems with??
    >
    > Gosh, you'd think this would be a big business but vendors seem to be
    > few and far between.

    Fuji does give away a FinePix viewer with every camera it sells. This
    may be what you're looking for. The display is much like iPhoto and will
    start up when you plug in the camera or card reader. It's around 20mb in
    size. Give me a site where I can upload to and I'll give you a copy.

    Stewy, Feb 15, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    "Ryan" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I posted the other day looking for a place to create hardcover photos
    > books. I had used MyPublisher but really hate their new book creating
    > software (which actually has fewer features than their old web based
    > book creator) and have had lots of error messages and problems using
    > the book making software at Sony Imagestation.
    >
    > Someone recommended iPhoto to me and it looks GREAT, but it appears to
    > only work on Macs and I am PC based. Unless there is a PC based version
    > of iPhoto, I am out of luck and that's a shame since it's looks
    > terrific!
    >
    > Anyone know of a place that creates hardcover photo books for the PC
    > simular to iPhoto but NOT the two I've named above I already had
    > problems with??
    >
    > Gosh, you'd think this would be a big business but vendors seem to be
    > few and far between.

    Shutterfly makes it easy to create photobooks through a web interface:

    http://www.shutterfly.com/photobooks/index.jsp

    Kevin McMurtrie, Feb 15, 2005