    Has anybody else noticed this strong correlation with iPhone ownership and
    being a complete cock?

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 9, 2008

  2. Synapse Syndrome

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It's a Mac all Mac users are like that.

    pcbutts1, Jan 10, 2008

  3. "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in

    Banjo The Turd, Jan 10, 2008
  4. Synapse Syndrome

    William Guest

    On 9 Jan, 23:51, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:
    > Everybody that I have met that owns an iPhone is a fucking bell-end.
    >
    > Has anybody else noticed this strong correlation with iPhone ownership and
    > being a complete cock?

    Well, I guess if you're going to buy a phone that does 3 things badly,
    a couple of things reasonably, and most things not at all, just
    because it does one thing quite well...

    ....and at a price approximately 20 times that of a reasonable phone...

    ....and that calls itself revolutionary because it can do stuff that's
    been doable for ten years...

    ....well you're not going to be the sharpest tool.

    --
    WH
    William, Jan 10, 2008
  5. Synapse Syndrome

    ejoenlan Guest

    Good thing I actually have one then..

    ejoenlan, Jan 10, 2008
  6. Synapse Syndrome

    Mitch Guest

    In article
    <>,
    William <> wrote:

    > On 9 Jan, 23:51, "Synapse Syndrome"
    > <> wrote:
    > > Everybody that I have met that owns an iPhone is a fucking bell-end.
    > >
    > > Has anybody else noticed this strong correlation with iPhone ownership and
    > > being a complete cock?

    > Well, I guess if you're going to buy a phone that does 3 things badly,
    > a couple of things reasonably, and most things not at all, just
    > because it does one thing quite well...
    >
    > ...and at a price approximately 20 times that of a reasonable phone...
    >
    > ...and that calls itself revolutionary because it can do stuff that's
    > been doable for ten years...
    >
    > ...well you're not going to be the sharpest tool.
    >
    > --
    > WH

    What a complete fool.

    You decide that it doesn't do so much that you expect from a cheap
    phone, but that doesn't make you think you're just miscategorizing the
    thing?
    It doesn't do 3 things badly. It does 3 things very well and one fairly
    well.
    What are these 'most things' that it doesn't do, that it should?
    How is it 20 times that of ANY device comparable?
    It isn't 'revolutionary' for the things that have been done for so long
    -- you're deliberately trying to be spurious and childish.

    Yes, it's a different device from your common phone. So you should
    think "hey, this belongs in a different category," not "hey, this fails
    to do what the other device does commonly."

    Keep in mind it's main feature -- the large screen -- MUST be
    accommodated in your comparison. The large screen is the reason it's
    good, the reason for half it's functions, and the biggest cause of it's
    expense, so ignoring that just makes you look stupid.

    It wasn't meant to be exactly what a $30 phone does.
    It wasn't meant to be enjoyed or appreciated by everyone.
    It isn't a product intended to everyone, and never has been.
    And almost no one calls it 'revolutionary' in the ways you tried to
    stomp on it -- because everyone else knows it. It _IS_ revolutionary in
    a few ways, evolutionary in others, and a new perspective in others.
    Mitch, Jan 11, 2008
  7. Synapse Syndrome

    William Guest

    On 11 Jan, 01:50, Mitch <> wrote:
    > What a complete fool.

    Well, I may be a fool - but I haven't been fooled.

    > You decide that it doesn't do so much that you expect from a cheap
    > phone, but that doesn't make you think you're just miscategorizing the
    > thing?

    No. I decided that it doesn't do what I expect from an expensive
    phone. It doesn't give me an always available connection to the
    internet. It doesn't have programmability or open access and
    extendability. It doesn't give me freedom to choose the most suitable
    network. It doesn't give me access to my corporate email and line-of-
    business apps. It doesn't give me VOIP and messaging services. It
    doesn't give me data access and high-level security. But hey, even
    though it's expensive, it's really pretty.

    > Yes, it's a different device from your common phone. So you should
    > think "hey, this belongs in a different category," not "hey, this fails
    > to do what the other device does commonly."

    I guess.

    > Keep in mind it's main feature -- the large screen -- MUST be
    > accommodated in your comparison. The large screen is the reason it's
    > good, the reason for half it's functions, and the biggest cause of it's
    > expense, so ignoring that just makes you look stupid.

    Well, there we go. That's the revolution - it's got a big screen.
    That's what the market's been waiting for.

    > It wasn't meant to be exactly what a $30 phone does.
    > It wasn't meant to be enjoyed or appreciated by everyone.
    > It isn't a product intended to everyone, and never has been.
    > And almost no one calls it 'revolutionary' in the ways you tried to
    > stomp on it -- because everyone else knows it. It _IS_ revolutionary in
    > a few ways, evolutionary in others, and a new perspective in others

    It's not revolutionary any way - except that it's the first time Apple
    have joined a long-running party. It isn't evolutionary or a new
    perspective. It's exactly the same as every Apple product - a bog-
    standard device with a "shiny shiny" interface, for people who'd
    rather buy the sizzle than the sausage.

    --
    WH
    William, Jan 11, 2008
  8. Synapse Syndrome

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:40:54 +0000, Banjo The Turd wrote:

    > bollocks

    Slightly off-topic, don't you think?
    Aardvark, Jan 11, 2008