iphone , a palm computer

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by habshi, Apr 15, 2009.

  1. habshi

    habshi Guest

    ipod might be better for those who cant afford the phone.
    These are one of the greartest inventions ever made. You now hold a
    mini computer in the palm of your hand and it makes you much more
    productive.
    Imagine hundreds of books which are actually more readable on the
    iphone screen than in real life , and easy to carry. Many like
    Shakespeare you can download free.
    Its got free connection to the internet , so you can read
    newspapers , magazines , deal with your email etc. I think the color
    screen is much better than the black and white Kinder.
    In your palm you now have access to all the radio and tv stations of
    the world via 'wunderradio' thousands of instructional videos on
    youtube. The touch screen concept is fantastic and is likely to be
    adopted for desktop computers too , it really speeds up internet
    browsing.
    One great benefit is that one can read the ipod touch and iphone in
    bed without overhead lights as it has its own built in light. And of
    course via google maps you now have the whole world's street level
    maps in your hand. You can also download an application called 'hear
    planet' which will lead aloud any landmarks and details about them
    when you are near a place. The free application 'quick voice' lets you
    record your thoughts. 'star map' shows you the night sky , renoir lets
    you paint.
    Turn the calculator horizontal and it changes to a superb
    scientific one, itranslate lets you type in a foreign phrase and it
    translates and shows you the answer in that language, dxsaurs gives
    you a list of conditions that might be afflicting you, applications to
    learn magic , eye tests, look at 3d stereograms - you need to practice
    on the first one, bible , hanuman chalisa , sudoku,
    There are some I have downloaded but not learnt to use yet -
    'memory stick' , 'dictaphone', istethoscope', 'skype', 'air sharing'-
    does anybody know what they do and how to use them.
    I expect thousands of India orientated applications soon.
    I would suggest buying the ipod touch for $200 first and
    getting used to all the above before buying the iphone.
    habshi, Apr 15, 2009