iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nik Coughlin, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin, Jul 9, 2008

  2. Nik Coughlin

    Squiggle Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > We're getting rogered:
    >
    > iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
    > http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

    so protest by not buying one. easy eh?
    Squiggle, Jul 9, 2008

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Squiggle" <> wrote in message
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> We're getting rogered:
    >>
    >> iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
    >> http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

    > so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

    I have no intention of buying one
    Nik Coughlin, Jul 9, 2008
  4. Nik Coughlin

    EMB Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Squiggle wrote:
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>> We're getting rogered:
    >>>
    >>> iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
    >>> http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

    >> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

    > yep...however if say Vodafone stop you bringing in your own and using it
    > on their network, then that is an issue...

    Vodafone (according to their rep who I talked to today) will not allow
    *any* iPhone on any plan except the iPhone ones. They are now tracking
    what hardware is in use by what SIM and are likely to not support
    anything that is identified as an iPhone unless it is on an
    "appropriate" plan.
    EMB, Jul 9, 2008
  5. Nik Coughlin

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
    > thingy wrote:
    >> Squiggle wrote:

    >>> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

    >> yep...however if say Vodafone stop you bringing in your own and
    >> using it on their network, then that is an issue...

    > Vodafone (according to their rep who I talked to today) will not allow
    > *any* iPhone on any plan except the iPhone ones. They are now
    > tracking what hardware is in use by what SIM and are likely to not
    > support anything that is identified as an iPhone unless it is on an
    > "appropriate" plan.

    That on-line petition for pre-pay iPhones that I signed a while back must
    have got their attention huh?

    Just not in a good way. :-(

    (Not that I could afford one this decade anyway.)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 9, 2008
  6. Nik Coughlin

    David Empson Guest

    EMB <> wrote:

    > thingy wrote:
    > > Squiggle wrote:

    > >> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

    > > yep...however if say Vodafone stop you bringing in your own and using it
    > > on their network, then that is an issue...

    > Vodafone (according to their rep who I talked to today) will not allow
    > *any* iPhone on any plan except the iPhone ones.

    That's not what the web site says.

    http://www.vodafone.com/iphone/plans.jsp

    You can get an iPhone without an "iPhone plan": it will work on You
    Choose, with optional Broadband plans if you want mobile data access.

    Cheapest possible option (You Choose 20, no data) will cost $20 per
    month, $979 up front for the 8 GB iPhone, no contract.

    Prepay is not allowed, and the non-broadband data options (e.g. $1 per
    day casual rate) don't work.

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Jul 9, 2008