    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism

    Barry OGrady, Jul 20, 2007

  2. Barry OGrady wrote:
    > I bought an Ipex EN-2725D to use with a standard ATX MB but I
    > see the MB connector has 4 more pins than the MB socket.
    > Can I use it? What format is the longer plug for and what use
    > is the power supply?

    See if two pairs (four pins) on one end of that connector snap off --
    some of the 24-ping plugs are actually a 20- and a 4-pin connected by a
    little plastic latch. If so, use the 20-pin on your mobo.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 20, 2007

  3. Barry OGrady

    Mike Easter Guest

    Barry OGrady wrote:
    > I bought an Ipex EN-2725D to use with a standard ATX MB but I
    > see the MB connector has 4 more pins than the MB socket.
    > Can I use it? What format is the longer plug for and what use
    > is the power supply?

    This article shows both 20 & 24 pin wires.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_power_supply Computer power
    supply - The connector has 20 or 24 pins. - 24-pin ATX power supply
    connector - (20-pin omits the last 4: 11, 12, 23 and 24) -

    .... where the last 4 are another iteration of +12 +5 +3.3 & ground -
    which are already represented in the 20 pin version.

    However, I wasn't able to find a website with a ipex PS.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 20, 2007