    Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    Additional information: Unknown media status code."

    Oh shit! What do I do now?
    RickMerrill, Sep 28, 2010

  2. RickMerrill

    Buffalo Guest

    RickMerrill wrote:
    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    > Windows IP Configuration
    > An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    > Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >

    > Oh shit! What do I do now?

    What is your OS?
    Buffalo
    PS: Have you tried going to Run, typing cmd pressing Enter and then
    typing ipconfig /all and pressing Enter?
    When you're one, type exit and press Enter. This works on
    Win2000ProSP4.
    Buffalo, Sep 28, 2010

  3. RickMerrill

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:08:28 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > RickMerrill wrote:
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    >> Windows IP Configuration
    >> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    >> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    >> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >>

    >> Oh shit! What do I do now?

    > What is your OS?

    Jesus, you're as stupid as he is. Look right up there where it says: "C:
    \WINDOWS\..." What fucking OS do you think that is?

    > Buffalo
    > PS: Have you tried going to Run, typing cmd pressing Enter and then
    > typing ipconfig /all and pressing Enter? When you're one, type
    > exit and press Enter. This works on Win2000ProSP4.

    That would work on any fucking Windows machine, doofus.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as his rectum exploded.
    Dan C, Sep 28, 2010
  4. RickMerrill

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:59:25 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:

    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    > Windows IP Configuration
    > An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    > Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >

    > Oh shit! What do I do now?

    The *ONLY* way to safely correct this situation is to format the hard
    drive.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wondered why he bothered to answer.
    Dan C, Sep 28, 2010
  5. RickMerrill

    chuckcar Guest

    RickMerrill <> wrote in

    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    > Windows IP Configuration
    > An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    > Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >

    > Oh shit! What do I do now?

    1. Type: path<enter> Is c:\windows and c:\windows\system listed there?
    2. Why do you care about a dos utility you're never going to use?
    3. Why didn't you use winipcfg?
    4. How long ago did you intentionally delete that file?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 28, 2010
  6. RickMerrill

    Peter Foldes Guest

    > Oh shit! What do I do now?

    Rick

    ROFLMAO. You did catch a couple of fish :)

    --
    Peter
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Sep 28, 2010
  7. RickMerrill

    VanguardLH Guest

    RickMerrill wrote:

    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    > Windows IP Configuration
    > An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    > Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >
    > Oh shit! What do I do now?

    sfc /scannow
    VanguardLH, Sep 28, 2010
  8. RickMerrill

    Buffalo Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:08:28 -0600, Buffalo wrote:
    >
    >> RickMerrill wrote:
    >>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    >>> Windows IP Configuration
    >>> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file
    >>> specified. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for
    >>> further help. Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >>>

    >>> Oh shit! What do I do now?

    >> What is your OS?

    > Jesus, you're as stupid as he is. Look right up there where it says:
    > "C: \WINDOWS\..." What fucking OS do you think that is?

    Well, what is the ONLY OS it could be?
    Be careful with your answer or you may just format yourself and turn into a
    steaming pile of crap.
    Buffalo
    PS: I have never used an OS newer than Win2000Pro so I don't know if all
    newer OS's have the System32 folder under Winnt or not. You really are an
    even bigger asshole than I previously thought.
    Buffalo, Sep 28, 2010
  9. RickMerrill

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 28/09/2010 04:16, chuckcar wrote:
    > RickMerrill<> wrote in
    >
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    >> Windows IP Configuration
    >> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    >> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    >> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >>

    >> Oh shit! What do I do now?

    > 1. Type: path<enter> Is c:\windows and c:\windows\system listed there?

    What use is that? The OP is obviously in the correct directory where
    ipconfig.exe should reside. The OP would have many other more serious
    problems if their path was wrong.

    > 2. Why do you care about a dos utility you're never going to use?

    DOS? WTF? You idiot.

    It's a command line tool that many computer experts use several times a
    day which explains why you are unfamiliar with it.

    > 3. Why didn't you use winipcfg?

    Because its not in Windows XP or above?

    > 4. How long ago did you intentionally delete that file?

    Bad assumption.
    Desk Rabbit, Sep 28, 2010
  10. RickMerrill wrote:

    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe

    JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the ">"
    with a proper backslash...

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipconfig.exe

    --
    -bts
    -Doh!
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 28, 2010
  11. RickMerrill

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:35:28 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    wrote:

    >Dan C wrote:

    >>> What is your OS?

    >> Jesus, you're as stupid as he is. Look right up there where it says:
    >> "C: \WINDOWS\..." What fucking OS do you think that is?

    >Well, what is the ONLY OS it could be?
    >Be careful with your answer or you may just format yourself and turn into a
    >steaming pile of crap.
    >Buffalo
    >PS: I have never used an OS newer than Win2000Pro so I don't know if all
    >newer OS's have the System32 folder under Winnt or not. You really are an
    >even bigger asshole than I previously thought.

    How is that possible? Oh you did say bigger. OK that will work.
    joevan, Sep 28, 2010
  12. RickMerrill

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 28/09/2010 12:07, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > RickMerrill wrote:
    >
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe

    > JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the ">"
    > with a proper backslash...

    I suspect that it's a screen dump of his command line.
    Desk Rabbit, Sep 28, 2010
  13. Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> RickMerrill wrote:
    >>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe

    >> JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the
    >> ">" with a proper backslash...

    > I suspect that it's a screen dump of his command line.

    P'raps. If Rick copied/pasted the error, then the ">" typo would be what
    was entered, eh? :)

    "An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified."
    ...and the file "system32>ipconfig.exe" is missing from the C:\WINDOWS
    directory. (though I suspect a > is not a legal filename character in
    Windows. It is in my Linux.)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 28, 2010
  14. RickMerrill

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:35:28 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:

    >>> What is your OS?

    >> Jesus, you're as stupid as he is. Look right up there where it says:
    >> "C: \WINDOWS\..." What fucking OS do you think that is?

    > Well, what is the ONLY OS it could be?

    No shit!!! Fucking WINDOWS, you goddam retarded moron.

    > PS: I have never used an OS newer than Win2000Pro so I don't know if all
    > newer OS's have the System32 folder under Winnt or not.

    W2000, WNT, WXP... whatever. It's all still fucking *WINDOWS* you
    fucking dumbass. That's the *OS*. Windows. Jesus.

    > You really are
    > an even bigger asshole than I previously thought.

    You really are more stupid than I had previously thought it was possible
    for a human to be. Seriously. Stone cold stupid.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as Kanga sneezed in his honey pot.
    Dan C, Sep 28, 2010
  15. RickMerrill

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 28/09/2010 13:24, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the
    >>> ">" with a proper backslash...

    >> I suspect that it's a screen dump of his command line.

    > P'raps. If Rick copied/pasted the error, then the ">" typo would be what
    > was entered, eh? :)

    Different result:-
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>c:\windows\system32>ipconfig.exe
    'c:\windows\system32' is not recognized as an internal or external
    command,operable program or batch file.
    Desk Rabbit, Sep 28, 2010
  16. RickMerrill

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:37:01 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:59:25 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:
    >
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    >> Windows IP Configuration
    >> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    >> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    >> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >>

    >> Oh shit! What do I do now?

    > The *ONLY* way to safely correct this situation is to format the hard
    > drive.

    Yet more proof you are mentally retarded.

    Meat Plow, Sep 28, 2010
  17. RickMerrill

    Buffalo Guest

    RickMerrill wrote:
    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    > Windows IP Configuration
    > An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    > Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >

    > Oh shit! What do I do now?

    In Win98SE, the ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows and NOT in
    C:\Windows\System32.
    In Win2000ProSP4 (NT), ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows\Winnt.
    In other Windows versions, I have no idea.

    Try putting ipconfig.exe in C:\Windows if you are using a non-NT based
    Windows OS.
    So, once again, what version of Windows are you actually using?
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Sep 28, 2010
  18. RickMerrill

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > RickMerrill wrote:
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    >> Windows IP Configuration
    >> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file
    >> specified. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for
    >> further help. Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >>

    >> Oh shit! What do I do now?

    > In Win98SE, the ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows and NOT in
    > C:\Windows\System32.
    > In Win2000ProSP4 (NT), ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows\Winnt.
    > In other Windows versions, I have no idea.
    >
    > Try putting ipconfig.exe in C:\Windows if you are using a non-NT based
    > Windows OS.
    > So, once again, what version of Windows are you actually using?
    > Buffalo

    Damn, I didn't mean C:\Windows\Winnt, I meant C:\WINNT\System32.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Sep 28, 2010
  19. RickMerrill

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:16:38 -0500, Grinder <>
    wrote:

    >On 9/28/2010 6:28 AM, joevan wrote:
    >> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:35:28 -0600, "Buffalo"<>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Well, what is the ONLY OS it could be?
    >>> Be careful with your answer or you may just format yourself and turn into a
    >>> steaming pile of crap.
    >>> Buffalo
    >>> PS: I have never used an OS newer than Win2000Pro so I don't know if all
    >>> newer OS's have the System32 folder under Winnt or not. You really are an
    >>> even bigger asshole than I previously thought.
    >>>

    >> How is that possible? Oh you did say bigger. OK that will work.

    >I took it to mean that he's dilating.

    Yep, I was thinking how big an asshole he is now. But it stretches
    ones sphincter to imagine bigger.
    joevan, Sep 28, 2010
  20. RickMerrill

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:08:41 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:37:01 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:59:25 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:
    >>
    >>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
    >>> Windows IP Configuration
    >>> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
    >>> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    >>> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
    >>>

    >>> Oh shit! What do I do now?

    >> The *ONLY* way to safely correct this situation is to format the hard
    >> drive.

    >Yet more proof you are mentally retarded.

    That must be it. He never learned anything about computers, so when
    something came up he just formatted the computer and started over. The
    first time anything was out of his league he just formatted and that
    is what he thinks others should do. Or rather he is incapable of
    thinking anything through.
    joevan, Sep 28, 2010