    the background but if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

    Thank you
    Carrie

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FycmllYW50?=, Jun 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2FycmllYW50?=

    Dave Guest

    ipconfig is a normal command line tool used to release/renew dynamic ip
    addresses. why it would be running automatically is strange though. check
    your scheduled tasks, maybe something strange got in there. also look for
    any tools that may be related to your isp's setup or wireless card that may
    be trying to get a new ip address.

    Dave, Jun 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y2FycmllYW50?=

    Clark Guest

    How are you connected to the internet? If a router is used, check for any
    lease times or renewal times.

    Are any lights blinking on your modem that might suggest it is loosing link
    with the DSL? Any wireless phones being used?

    Try disconnecting from the DSL and see if the DHCP will maintain your
    address without renewing.

    Do an internet search looking for your modem/router and Verizon DSL. Check
    the Verizon site.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 12, 2005