    reseting the IP but it gives the error again. I have no idea what to do.
    Please help I really don't want to have to buy a new laptop :(
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?cGNnZng4MDU=?=, Jan 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGNnZng4MDU=?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    both or just the laptop one?
    if it's just the laptop card not working (see device manager tab)
    then i'd plumb for it being a faulty card.
    else it's a faulty operator install.

    TBH, you don't seem too up on this, and a bit unclear about what you are
    doing and why.

    take it to a local PC shop.
    PC World are very good and charge as little as £35.

    mike

    "pcgfx805" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased two network cards, one for my laptop and one for my pc. I
    > installed them and put them in the way the instruction manual said but

    they
    > never worked. I could never see the other computer on the network. I

    recieved
    > alot of help from the manufactory but it never worked. But one person told

    me
    > to enter the ipconfig command into dos to see if my internet protocol was
    > working. When I type this, on my laptop I always recieve and internal

    error

    mikeFNB, Jan 9, 2005

  3. I've just mended that problem by installing the protocol again. But now I'm
    having a problem with internet sharing. When I enable it on the desktop, it
    gives an error that;

    the service cannot accept control messages at this time

    How can i fix this?
    Thanks for the help
    =?Utf-8?B?cGNnZng4MDU=?=, Jan 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cGNnZng4MDU=?=

    Tony Guest

    "pcgfx805" <> wrote in message
    > I've just mended that problem by installing the protocol again. But now
    > I'm
    > having a problem with internet sharing. When I enable it on the desktop,
    > it
    > gives an error that;
    >
    > the service cannot accept control messages at this time
    >
    > How can i fix this?
    > Thanks for the help

    What operating system you using? Sounds like it needs a reinstall
    Tony, Jan 10, 2005
  5. It sounds like you are trying to set up an AdHoc network, not using a
    Router/Access Point. Is this correct? Also what OS are you using? What
    manufac of the cards are you using? what protocol, 802.11a, b, g??????

    What type of laptop do you have, as some toshibas and Sonys have problems
    installing PCMCIA cards?

    Hope to hear back from you soon.....

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 10, 2005