    2. will a CF WiFi card make H2210 too bulky?

    thanks

    will.

    will, Nov 19, 2003

  2. will

    BTMO Guest

    "will" <> wrote

    > hi,
    >
    > i'm looking to buy a Pocket PC 2003 PDA, and can't decide on H2210 or
    > H5550. does anyone have first hand experience on either of them?
    >
    > from my research so far, H2210 has 64MB memory, doesn't have WiFi; while
    > H5550 has twice the memory, WiFi, but doesn't have Compact Flash slot.
    > cost wise, a H2210 + WiFi card + memory is still cheaper than H5550.
    >
    > so my questions are:
    >
    > 1. is CF Type I/II important?
    > 2. will a CF WiFi card make H2210 too bulky?

    Just a suggestion - look a little further afield at the Dell's. Yeah, I
    know, Dell - yuck.

    However, the price is significantly lower than any flavour of HP, and the
    top of the range one has wifi. Can't remember if it runs SD or CF (or both)
    though.

    I have a Jornada 568, and when it dies, I will be looking very closely at
    the Dells. I have read some pretty good reviews of them in the past (none
    recently though - situation may have changed)

    Cheers,

    Brenton

    BTMO, Nov 19, 2003

  3. will

    MarkH Guest

    will <> wrote in news:3FBB2D37.31B7F026
    @veryhotmail.com:

    > hi,
    >
    > i'm looking to buy a Pocket PC 2003 PDA, and can't decide on H2210 or
    > H5550. does anyone have first hand experience on either of them?
    >
    > from my research so far, H2210 has 64MB memory, doesn't have WiFi; while
    > H5550 has twice the memory, WiFi, but doesn't have Compact Flash slot.
    > cost wise, a H2210 + WiFi card + memory is still cheaper than H5550.
    >
    > so my questions are:
    >
    > 1. is CF Type I/II important?
    > 2. will a CF WiFi card make H2210 too bulky?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > will.

    The H2210 (I bought one the start of last week) is smaller and lighter than
    the H5550 (I was at a friends place on the weekend, he has this model).

    At wholesale the H5550 is about $500 dearer.

    Do you need WiFi? If you do then this negates some of the extra cost.

    I specifically looked for a PDA with CF, but mainly because I already owned
    2 x 512MB CF cards. With a memory card attached you can load more
    programs, more data, several hours worth of MP3s, a movie, etc.

    I like my H2210 and would buy the same model again. The H5550 is too
    expensive, bulky and heavy.

    My friend with the H5550 had his supplied by his work, if he had to buy his
    own tomorrow, he would get the H2210.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Nov 19, 2003
  4. will

    SteveM Guest

    "BTMO" <> wrote in

    > "will" <> wrote
    >

    > Just a suggestion - look a little further afield at the Dell's. Yeah,
    > I know, Dell - yuck.
    >
    > However, the price is significantly lower than any flavour of HP, and
    > the top of the range one has wifi. Can't remember if it runs SD or CF
    > (or both) though.
    >
    > I have a Jornada 568, and when it dies, I will be looking very closely
    > at the Dells. I have read some pretty good reviews of them in the past
    > (none recently though - situation may have changed)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Brenton

    FWIW
    Acer have a very cheap model as well with integrated WIFI. Can't remember
    the model no. at the 'mo.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Nov 19, 2003
  5. will

    Sandman Guest

    "BTMO" <> wrote in message news:<s5Gub.2843$>...
    > "will" <> wrote
    >
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > i'm looking to buy a Pocket PC 2003 PDA, and can't decide on H2210 or
    > > H5550. does anyone have first hand experience on either of them?
    > >
    > > from my research so far, H2210 has 64MB memory, doesn't have WiFi; while
    > > H5550 has twice the memory, WiFi, but doesn't have Compact Flash slot.
    > > cost wise, a H2210 + WiFi card + memory is still cheaper than H5550.
    > >
    > > so my questions are:
    > >
    > > 1. is CF Type I/II important?
    > > 2. will a CF WiFi card make H2210 too bulky?

    > Just a suggestion - look a little further afield at the Dell's. Yeah, I
    > know, Dell - yuck.
    >
    > However, the price is significantly lower than any flavour of HP, and the
    > top of the range one has wifi. Can't remember if it runs SD or CF (or both)
    > though.
    >
    > I have a Jornada 568, and when it dies, I will be looking very closely at
    > the Dells. I have read some pretty good reviews of them in the past (none
    > recently though - situation may have changed)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Brenton

    I have the ipaq 2215 and its really nice - it's tiny enough that it
    goes in my front pants pocket and sometimes I forget I have it :) .
    The Dells are nice too a buddy of mine has one and it does everything
    mine does.

    I went with the 2215 because I needed the CF slots. I don't use wifi
    all the time so it's nice to swap out wifi card for cf memory. I
    didn't need the bioscanner either.

    -----
    My new favorite site is Pocket PC Addict: www.pocketpcaddict.com

    Sandman, Nov 19, 2003
  6. will

    will Guest

    > I went with the 2215 because I needed the CF slots. I don't use wifi
    > all the time so it's nice to swap out wifi card for cf memory. I
    > didn't need the bioscanner either.

    #### do you find the wifi card too bulky when in use?

    will.

    will, Nov 19, 2003
  7. "will" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i'm looking to buy a Pocket PC 2003 PDA, and can't decide on H2210 or
    > H5550. does anyone have first hand experience on either of them?
    >
    > from my research so far, H2210 has 64MB memory, doesn't have WiFi; while
    > H5550 has twice the memory, WiFi, but doesn't have Compact Flash slot.
    > cost wise, a H2210 + WiFi card + memory is still cheaper than H5550.
    >
    > so my questions are:
    >
    > 1. is CF Type I/II important

    If you have CF cards it is

    > 2. will a CF WiFi card make H2210 too bulky?

    CF WiFi aerial hangs out the top, not really that bulky but why make a sleek
    sexy device look ugly by hanging a WiFi card out the top, won't fit in your
    pocket as easily

    Personally I'd go for one of the HP4000 series ipaqs. Pretty much the same
    slimline look as the 2210 but built in Bluetooth & WiFi. Only about $200
    more

    There is even a higher end 4000 model that has integrated QWERTY keuboard
    too

    Thanks
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Nov 20, 2003
  8. will

    Sandman Guest

    will <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I went with the 2215 because I needed the CF slots. I don't use wifi
    > > all the time so it's nice to swap out wifi card for cf memory. I
    > > didn't need the bioscanner either.

    > #### do you find the wifi card too bulky when in use?
    >
    > will.

    Well, I don't have it in all the time. I use CF memory when I am out
    and about and I use my Wifi when I am at home. I guess, I never need
    to put the PPC in my pocket when I have the wifi card in because I am
    at home. I don't need wifi when I'm driving around town so I swap the
    wifi card for the flash card. Hope this is making sense. If you
    worked in a totally wifi environment where you had to roam a campus or
    something and still remain connected, the add on card would be a bulky
    problem I'm afraid.

    -----
    My new favorite site is Pocket PC Addict: www.pocketpcaddict.com

    Sandman, Nov 20, 2003
  9. will

    Sandman Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "will" <> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > i'm looking to buy a Pocket PC 2003 PDA, and can't decide on H2210 or
    > > H5550. does anyone have first hand experience on either of them?
    > >
    > > from my research so far, H2210 has 64MB memory, doesn't have WiFi; while
    > > H5550 has twice the memory, WiFi, but doesn't have Compact Flash slot.
    > > cost wise, a H2210 + WiFi card + memory is still cheaper than H5550.
    > >
    > > so my questions are:
    > >
    > > 1. is CF Type I/II important

    > If you have CF cards it is
    >
    > > 2. will a CF WiFi card make H2210 too bulky?

    > CF WiFi aerial hangs out the top, not really that bulky but why make a sleek
    > sexy device look ugly by hanging a WiFi card out the top, won't fit in your
    > pocket as easily
    >
    > Personally I'd go for one of the HP4000 series ipaqs. Pretty much the same
    > slimline look as the 2210 but built in Bluetooth & WiFi. Only about $200
    > more
    >
    > There is even a higher end 4000 model that has integrated QWERTY keuboard
    > too
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nathan

    Nathan,

    You make a good point about the HP4000 series, it's a nice design and
    may be a better option if you use wifi all day. However, I must take
    issue with the statement "why make a sleek sexy device look ugly by
    hanging a WiFi card out the top". IMHO if it gets the job done and
    isn't horribly huge, then who cares what it looks like? It's like my
    friend says: Are you going to use it or look at it all day? :0p

    -----
    My new favorite site is Pocket PC Addict: www.pocketpcaddict.com

    Sandman, Nov 21, 2003