    how about ipaq connection with usb?

    i downloaded and tried to load activesync, and it unpacks and all, but then
    no installer appears, and nothing in the start -> programs menu...

    wewa, Jul 8, 2005

  2. wewa <wewa@nomail.4me> wrote:
    > anybody get activesync to install and work?
    >
    > how about ipaq connection with usb?
    >
    > i downloaded and tried to load activesync, and it unpacks and all,
    > but then no installer appears, and nothing in the start -> programs
    > menu...

    Yes, I have it working without problem. Last version of activesync btw

    cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselde - Belgium)

    Christian Hougardy, Jul 8, 2005

  3. wewa

    man1c Guest

    man1c, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Carlos had compatibility issues with ActiveSync 3.8 and x64 Christian, what
    could have possibly be causing that?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005
  5. ActiveSync 4 was released?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005
  6. Let's shed some light here.
    Active Sync 4.0 is not released officialy.
    There's a "developer preview" in MSDN.
    Here's the lin
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/4/5/c45f8f83-6383-43d7-840b-cb9638484e4d/setup.exe

    Summary of both versions with x64 and Ipaq
    Async 3.8
    Works Ok over WiFi, USB
    "Explore" button is inoperative.
    Cannot explore my Ipaq from my x64 PC
    Works Ok in WinXP x86

    Async 4.0
    Works Ok over USB.
    Doesn't work on WiFi or Ethernet (feature has intentionally been dropped out
    by Microsoft)
    "Explore" button is operative.
    As I use the WiFi connection, this version is useless for me.
    So I went back to AS 3.8.
    Let's all hope (and ask!) MS to enable this feature in the final release.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 8, 2005
  7. wewa

    Westy Guest

    I have the same issue... Installing ActiveSync 3.8.0.5004 on to W2K3 x64. It
    unpacks and then nothing happens. The exe is running (i can see this in Task
    Manager) but is doing nothing.

    Anybody managed to find a way to install if you are having this issue?

    Rgds
    Chris

    Westy, Jul 22, 2005