iPads ???

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. Frank Williams, Sep 14, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-09-14, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > Worth a read and a local school ir recomending them
    > tut tut
    >
    > http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/0...s-laptops-for-ipads-and-wants-to-switch-back/

    I read in print, some place that the war is about the others saying that
    Apple is is just another tablet. Think about that ad folks.

    Moses and tablets

    Pills as in tablets which one swallow

    or yeah, so I can do better on on mine.

    All to simple for the masses.

    Really.
    Gordon, Sep 14, 2012

  3. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    victor, Sep 14, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    Katipo Guest

    > Worth a read and a local school ir recomending them
    > tut tut

    > http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/0...s-laptops-for-ipads-and-wants-to-switch-back/

    Switching to ipads was a bad move even though they are much more portable.

    Don't get me wrong, my iPad is great, but it will not be replacing my laptop
    anytime soon. Moving files between the two is a pain and the ipad's virtual
    keyboard is no substitute for the physical one on my laptop.
    Katipo, Sep 14, 2012
  5. Oh Yeah Sure,
    I Just Can't Wait To Purchase An
    I-Pad (Feminine Product) That Was
    Made In A Literal Slave Labour Prison
    Styled Facility Where Workers Live In
    Dormatories And Even Where Apple
    Has Installed Suicide-Nets, Because
    Workers Hurl Themselves Off The
    Balconies At The Apple Prison Labour
    Buildings In China.

    You Pathetic Paakehaa "Liberals",
    SO TRENDY,
    SO LIKE EVERY OTHER MONKEY,
    Who Just Has To Get A Lousy
    I-Pad (Feminine Product).

    †
    †
    †
    ﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣ
    Ras Mikaere Enoch Mc Carty
    Maangai Kaawanatanga - Tainui Kiingitanga - Te Aotearoa
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz Ko te Mana Motuhake
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/anzus_drug_mafias.html
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/prime_sinister_john_key.mp3
    ﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣ

    Taamau Mate: NgÄti Maniapoto
    NgÄi TÅ«hoe
    Marutūahu
    TÄmaki
    NgÄti Toarangatira
    Te Tau Ihu
    Hauraki
    NgÄti Raukawa

    'LITTLE OBAMA' - Indonesian Movie Premiere
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/krakatoa.mp3
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/krakatoa_1.mp3
    Ras Mikaere Enoch Mc Carty, Sep 15, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    On 15/09/2012 10:51 a.m., Katipo wrote:
    >> Worth a read and a local school ir recomending them
    >> tut tut

    >> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/0...s-laptops-for-ipads-and-wants-to-switch-back/
    >>

    > Switching to ipads was a bad move even though they are much more portable.
    >
    > Don't get me wrong, my iPad is great, but it will not be replacing my
    > laptop anytime soon. Moving files between the two is a pain and the
    > ipad's virtual keyboard is no substitute for the physical one on my laptop.

    Its not meant to replace a laptop, its the platform for the iTunes U
    course app environment.
    Its all about apps and digital textbooks.
    victor, Sep 15, 2012
  7. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 15/09/12 10:51, Katipo wrote:
    >> Worth a read and a local school ir recomending them
    >> tut tut

    >> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/0...s-laptops-for-ipads-and-wants-to-switch-back/
    >>

    > Switching to ipads was a bad move even though they are much more portable.
    >
    > Don't get me wrong, my iPad is great, but it will not be replacing my
    > laptop anytime soon. Moving files between the two is a pain and the
    > ipad's virtual keyboard is no substitute for the physical one on my laptop.

    The physical one on a laptop is no substitute for a proper full-sized
    physical keyboard.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Sep 15, 2012
  8. Frank Williams

    Fred Guest

    On 16/09/2012 10:36 a.m., Enkidu wrote:
    > On 15/09/12 10:51, Katipo wrote:
    >>> Worth a read and a local school ir recomending them
    >>> tut tut

    >>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/0...s-laptops-for-ipads-and-wants-to-switch-back/
    >>>

    >> Switching to ipads was a bad move even though they are much more
    >> portable.
    >>
    >> Don't get me wrong, my iPad is great, but it will not be replacing my
    >> laptop anytime soon. Moving files between the two is a pain and the
    >> ipad's virtual keyboard is no substitute for the physical one on my
    >> laptop.
    > >

    > The physical one on a laptop is no substitute for a proper full-sized
    > physical keyboard.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    15.6 laptops usually have full sized keyboards.
    Fred, Sep 16, 2012
  9. Frank Williams

    Rich80105 Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:56:34 +1200, Fred <> wrote:

    >>> Switching to ipads was a bad move even though they are much more
    >>> portable.
    >>>
    >>> Don't get me wrong, my iPad is great, but it will not be replacing my
    >>> laptop anytime soon. Moving files between the two is a pain and the
    >>> ipad's virtual keyboard is no substitute for the physical one on my
    >>> laptop.
    >> >

    >> The physical one on a laptop is no substitute for a proper full-sized
    >> physical keyboard.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Cliff

    > 15.6 laptops usually have full sized keyboards.

    Even then most have the function keys and numeric keypads stuffed up -
    with cursor control keys only on the numeric keypad.

    Even with a large laptop I prefer to use a full 104/107 keboard, and
    also a larger screen when sitting at my desk.
    Rich80105, Sep 16, 2012
  10. Frank Williams

    Fred Guest

    On 16/09/2012 7:31 p.m., Rich80105 wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:56:34 +1200, Fred <> wrote:

    >>> The physical one on a laptop is no substitute for a proper full-sized
    >>> physical keyboard.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Cliff

    >> 15.6 laptops usually have full sized keyboards.

    > Even then most have the function keys and numeric keypads stuffed up -
    > with cursor control keys only on the numeric keypad.

    You forgot to blame John Key for that.
    Fred, Sep 16, 2012
  11. On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:04:38 +1200, Fred <> wrote:

    >On 16/09/2012 7:31 p.m., Rich80105 wrote:

    >>> 15.6 laptops usually have full sized keyboards.

    >> Even then most have the function keys and numeric keypads stuffed up -
    >> with cursor control keys only on the numeric keypad.
    >>

    > You forgot to blame John Key for that.

    I though the he sold NZ to the Chinese to solve is problems with the
    Water Rights etc

    ..NZ = now .CN
    Frank Williams, Sep 16, 2012
  12. Frank Williams

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Enkidu wrote:
    > On 15/09/12 10:51, Katipo wrote:
    >>> Worth a read and a local school ir recomending them
    >>> tut tut

    >>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/0...s-laptops-for-ipads-and-wants-to-switch-back/
    >>>

    >> Switching to ipads was a bad move even though they are much more
    >> portable. Don't get me wrong, my iPad is great, but it will not be
    >> replacing my
    >> laptop anytime soon. Moving files between the two is a pain and the
    >> ipad's virtual keyboard is no substitute for the physical one on my
    >> laptop.

    > The physical one on a laptop is no substitute for a proper full-sized
    > physical keyboard.

    I haven't found a keyboard that feels anywhere near as nice to type on as
    this IBM 15" T60 ThinkPad. It's keys are so sensitive, you hardly have to
    press them - but they have an excellent tactile response too. I'd much
    rather use it than any external keyboard I've ever used.
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    ~misfit~, Sep 17, 2012
  13. Frank Williams

    grum Guest

    On 14/09/2012 9:03 p.m., victor wrote:

    > Give the staff back their laptops. simple.

    Yep, my 7 yr old is at a school with MacBooks for teachers, a few iPads
    per classroom for kids, Apple TV for display, and the odd iMac in the
    library etc. Kids are allowed but not required to bring their own
    iPad/iPod to school. They get to do lots of creative stuff with the iPads.

    Seems to me to all work pretty well. Great to see my kid wanting a turn
    on the iPad at home so they can take a few more times tables tests and
    try to up that high score.
    grum, Sep 21, 2012