iPad

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by nof, Mar 13, 2012.

  1. nof

    nof Guest

    Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
    still here.

    Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?

    Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
    Can't go there.

    My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
    the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
    browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
    most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
    get videos of sport or news items on Safari?

    I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
    register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
    passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
    gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
    that someone.

    nof
    nof, Mar 13, 2012

  2. On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:28:19 -0700 (PDT), nof wrote:

    > Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
    > still here.
    >
    > Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
    >
    > Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
    > Can't go there.
    >
    > My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
    > the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
    > browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
    > most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
    > get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
    >
    > I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
    > register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
    > passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
    > gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
    > that someone.
    >
    > nof

    Comp.mobile.ipad

    Only one i can find on ET
    Robin Halligan, Mar 13, 2012

  3. nof

    victor Guest

    On 13/03/2012 6:28 p.m., nof wrote:
    > Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
    > still here.
    >
    > Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
    >
    > Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
    > Can't go there.
    >
    > My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
    > the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
    > browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
    > most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
    > get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
    >
    > I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
    > register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
    > passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
    > gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
    > that someone.
    >
    > nof

    I have an ipad 2, it streams Al Jazeera and CNN with Safari.
    I get great performance with Ustream.
    victor, Mar 13, 2012
  4. On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:28:19 -0700 (PDT), nof <> wrote:

    >Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
    >still here.
    >
    >Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
    >
    >Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
    >Can't go there.
    >
    >My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
    >the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
    >browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
    >most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
    >get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
    >
    >I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
    >register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
    >passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
    >gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
    >that someone.
    >
    >nof

    Total Crap get a Laptop or one that does not lock you into Expensive
    Applications then again NO Flash support.

    If you want a Toy get a iPad if you want a computer buy a Computer.
    Frank Williams, Mar 13, 2012
  5. In article <3d0ba760-4ceb-4e95-bd5f-c2ea4075e0f3
    @z5g2000pbu.googlegroups.com>, says...

    > Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
    > still here.
    >
    > Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
    >
    > Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
    > Can't go there.
    >
    > My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
    > the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
    > browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
    > most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
    > get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
    >
    > I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
    > register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
    > passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
    > gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
    > that someone.
    >
    > nof

    Try Opera Mini for ipad and see how that performs instead of Safari.

    h.t.h., -P.
    Peter Huebner, Mar 14, 2012