    Anyone usIng iPad? I can't get any sound! Also I am wondering about
    importing my MOB contacts.

    Thanks

    nof, Oct 30, 2010

  2. In message
    <>, nof
    wrote:

    > Anyone usIng iPad? I can't get any sound! Also I am wondering about
    > importing my MOB contacts.

    Nonsense. You can’t be having any trouble with it. Apple gear Just Works™.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 31, 2010

  3. nof

    David Empson Guest

    nof <> wrote:

    > Anyone usIng iPad?

    Yes.

    > I can't get any sound!

    Works fine for mine, and for every other iPad I've seen. Need more
    information to suggest a reason.

    Have you tried the built-in speakers, headphones, line output via the
    Dock connector, or all of the above?

    Have you tried adjusting the volume setting (using the rocker buttons on
    the side)?

    Are you playing music in the iPod application, or something else?

    > Also I am wondering about importing my MOB contacts.

    I have no idea what MOB is.

    On a Mac, iPad contacts are synchronized with the Address Book
    application. On Windows, they are synchronized with Microsoft Outlook
    (but not Outlook Express).

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Oct 31, 2010
  4. nof

    nof Guest

    On 31 Oct, 21:44, (David Empson) wrote:
    > nof <> wrote:
    > > Anyone usIng iPad?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > I can't get any sound!

    > Works fine for mine, and for every other iPad I've seen. Need more
    > information to suggest a reason.
    >
    > Have you tried the built-in speakers, headphones, line output via the
    > Dock connector, or all of the above?
    >
    > Have you tried adjusting the volume setting (using the rocker buttons on
    > the side)?
    >
    > Are you playing music in the iPod application, or something else?
    >
    > > Also I am wondering about importing my MOB contacts.

    > I have no idea what MOB is.
    >
    > On a Mac, iPad contacts are synchronized with the Address Book
    > application. On Windows, they are synchronized with Microsoft Outlook
    > (but not Outlook Express).
    >
    > --
    > David Empson

    Well I cured the lack of sound through settings. Many thanks. I am
    pleased with how the iPad it is going. I'd like Safari to have a
    bookmark toolbar and a better way of keeping the history.

    iTunes is quite appalling in its presentation. It is monopolistic of
    course and when I've got the apps I need I won't be going there.

    There should be iPhone and iPad manuals . I think Apple does itself a
    disservice in that area.

    MOB is short for mobile phone.
    Cheers
    nof

    nof, Nov 4, 2010
  5. nof

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <5ff036d8-f105-4e11-acbb-e93702507995
    @u11g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, says...

    > On 31 Oct, 21:44, (David Empson) wrote:
    > > nof <> wrote:
    > > > Anyone usIng iPad?

    > > Yes.
    > >
    > > > I can't get any sound!

    > > Works fine for mine, and for every other iPad I've seen. Need more
    > > information to suggest a reason.
    > >
    > > Have you tried the built-in speakers, headphones, line output via the
    > > Dock connector, or all of the above?
    > >
    > > Have you tried adjusting the volume setting (using the rocker buttons on
    > > the side)?
    > >
    > > Are you playing music in the iPod application, or something else?
    > >
    > > > Also I am wondering about importing my MOB contacts.

    > > I have no idea what MOB is.
    > >
    > > On a Mac, iPad contacts are synchronized with the Address Book
    > > application. On Windows, they are synchronized with Microsoft Outlook
    > > (but not Outlook Express).
    > >
    > > --
    > > David Empson
    > >

    > Well I cured the lack of sound through settings. Many thanks. I am
    > pleased with how the iPad it is going. I'd like Safari to have a
    > bookmark toolbar and a better way of keeping the history.
    >
    > iTunes is quite appalling in its presentation. It is monopolistic of
    > course and when I've got the apps I need I won't be going there.

    Try out CopyTrans Manager - a few folk I know like it. (R/O support for
    iPad).

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 4, 2010
  6. In message
    <>, nof
    wrote:

    > iTunes is quite appalling in its presentation. It is monopolistic of
    > course and when I've got the apps I need I won't be going there.

    Unfortunately I think you’ll need to continue using it to manage your
    device.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 4, 2010
  7. On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:26:24 -0700 (PDT), nof <>
    wrote:

    >On 31 Oct, 21:44, (David Empson) wrote:
    >> nof <> wrote:
    >> > Anyone usIng iPad?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> > I can't get any sound!

    >> Works fine for mine, and for every other iPad I've seen. Need more
    >> information to suggest a reason.
    >>
    >> Have you tried the built-in speakers, headphones, line output via the
    >> Dock connector, or all of the above?
    >>
    >> Have you tried adjusting the volume setting (using the rocker buttons on
    >> the side)?
    >>
    >> Are you playing music in the iPod application, or something else?
    >>
    >> > Also I am wondering about importing my MOB contacts.

    >> I have no idea what MOB is.
    >>
    >> On a Mac, iPad contacts are synchronized with the Address Book
    >> application. On Windows, they are synchronized with Microsoft Outlook
    >> (but not Outlook Express).
    >>
    >> --
    >> David Empson
    >>

    >Well I cured the lack of sound through settings. Many thanks. I am
    >pleased with how the iPad it is going. I'd like Safari to have a
    >bookmark toolbar and a better way of keeping the history.
    >
    >iTunes is quite appalling in its presentation. It is monopolistic of
    >course and when I've got the apps I need I won't be going there.
    >
    >There should be iPhone and iPad manuals . I think Apple does itself a
    >disservice in that area.
    >
    >MOB is short for mobile phone.
    >Cheers
    >nof

    The iPad User Guide manual is on a bookmark in Safari.

    Stephen Worthington, Nov 5, 2010