ip vpn mpls design requirements

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by zillah, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. zillah

    zillah Guest

    I have not designed this before , I am looking to make a simple
    proposal for a manufacture company that is looking to implement IP VPN
    over MPLS for his/her customers (30 of them). Each customer site has
    got around 10 users.

    Applications are to be used database and for the customers http to
    access their accounts at the manufacture company.

    Customer right now accessing manufacture company site through ADSL
    connection (Internet)

    1- What are the recommended requirements (router, leased line,
    etc,,,,) for each customer to have ?

    2- If we want to implement IP VPN MPLS , do we need to replace that
    ADSL connection with a leased line ? or still we can used ADSL
    connection ? or we have to have another specific connection for IP VPN
    beside ADSL, (i.e. one connection is dedicated for IP VPN and the ADSL
    connection for accessing the internet )

    3- If I am looking to use a Cisco router as Customer Edge router (CE
    router, because client right now does not have a Cisco router ) what
    type of router do I need ? what module should a router have ? what
    type of ISO ? or does not matter ?

    4- Do I need to have any other devices beside a Cisco router ?

    Note: I can find informations about the applications that are going to
    be used and therefore we can decide the proper bandwidth.

    zillah, Nov 26, 2007