    on my PC ..

    Thanks
    Jazz

    Jazz, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Jazz

    Dave Stephen Guest

    "Jazz" wrote in message
    > hello
    > Can some one let me know how can i call from my PC which is using
    > Lease line (or ADSL) to PSTN line... do i need any hardware installed
    > on my PC ..

    Have a look at http://www.skype.com/ which will provide you with a
    soft-phone which does PC-PC calls and if you buy credits with Skypeout you
    can call PSTN phones in any country. The rates are published for each
    country you are calling - it doesn't matter where you are calling from and
    most countries are 1.2EuroCents per minute.

    You would be better with hardware - preferably a USB phone - but to evaluate
    the package Skype use a headset with boom mike. Remember to disconnet the
    earphone plug when you are not using it so that you may hear incoming rings
    on the PC Speakers.

    Have fun

    Dave Stephen, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Jazz

    hercules Guest

    First your internet provider must have the ablity about voip .
    Then you must install a call software in your computer, such as sip-phone
    or MGCP- phone.

    hercules, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Jazz

    KC Mao Guest

    "Dave Stephen" <> wrote in message news:<ce2gge$qhh$1$>...
    > "Jazz" wrote in message
    > > hello
    > > Can some one let me know how can i call from my PC which is using
    > > Lease line (or ADSL) to PSTN line... do i need any hardware installed
    > > on my PC ..

    > Have a look at http://www.skype.com/ which will provide you with a
    > soft-phone which does PC-PC calls and if you buy credits with Skypeout you
    > can call PSTN phones in any country. The rates are published for each
    > country you are calling - it doesn't matter where you are calling from and
    > most countries are 1.2EuroCents per minute.
    >
    > You would be better with hardware - preferably a USB phone - but to evaluate
    > the package Skype use a headset with boom mike. Remember to disconnet the
    > earphone plug when you are not using it so that you may hear incoming rings
    > on the PC Speakers.
    >
    > Have fun

    Dave,

    I have been using Skypeout for 3 days. It seems to me that you can
    only use Skypeout to reach a PSTN phone. not its extension number. My
    experience is that after a PSTN phone number is connected, you are no
    longer able to key in its extension number. Am I right?

    KC

    KC Mao, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Jazz

    Dave Stephen Guest

    "KC Mao" <> wrote in message
    > I have been using Skypeout for 3 days. It seems to me that you can
    > only use Skypeout to reach a PSTN phone. not its extension number. My
    > experience is that after a PSTN phone number is connected, you are no
    > longer able to key in its extension number. Am I right?
    >
    > KC

    I am not an authority on Skype, KC but there is a Skype Forum which may help
    you further.
    No doubt you know of it but it is :-
    http://forum.skype.com/bb/

    Personally I have used this feature to UK numbers OK where the PBX answers
    the number and invites the input of the extension e.g.

    0044 1955 XXXXXX
    Wait for reply
    229

    I use a USB Phone and can either enter the numberts on the USB Phone or on
    Skype Dialler.
    One last suyggestion - have you downloaded the latest version of Skype
    0.98.0.68?

    Sorry that's all I can suggest - good luck!

    Dave Stephen, Jul 26, 2004
  6. KC Mao wrote:

    > "Dave Stephen" <> wrote in message
    >> "Jazz" wrote in message
    >> > hello
    >> > Can some one let me know how can i call from my PC which is using
    >> > Lease line (or ADSL) to PSTN line... do i need any hardware installed
    >> > on my PC ..

    >> Have a look at http://www.skype.com/ which will provide you with a
    >> soft-phone which does PC-PC calls and if you buy credits with Skypeout
    >> you
    >> can call PSTN phones in any country. The rates are published for each
    >> country you are calling - it doesn't matter where you are calling from
    >> and most countries are 1.2EuroCents per minute.
    >>
    >> You would be better with hardware - preferably a USB phone - but to
    >> evaluate
    >> the package Skype use a headset with boom mike. Remember to disconnet
    >> the earphone plug when you are not using it so that you may hear incoming
    >> rings on the PC Speakers.
    >>
    >> Have fun

    > Dave,
    >
    > I have been using Skypeout for 3 days. It seems to me that you can
    > only use Skypeout to reach a PSTN phone. not its extension number. My
    > experience is that after a PSTN phone number is connected, you are no
    > longer able to key in its extension number. Am I right?
    >
    > KC

    If U have a pocket tone dialer, you can try to generate the tone near the
    MIC of the headset to see if skype will propagate the tones for the other
    end device to recognize.

    --
    root/administrator

    root/administrator, Aug 5, 2004