    your dial up modem.
    Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.

    NZed

    paradise, Dec 2, 2005

  2. paradise

    Bart Guest

    "paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:43901aa8$...
    > How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
    > applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
    > ie router...cable modem...camera server...
    > each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
    > delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
    > settings which you have to record to !
    > Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
    > windows XP.
    > I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections
    > to your dial up modem.
    > Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.
    >
    > NZed

    I wrote just this application late last year when I failed to find anything
    to do the job. I have the need to take my laptop to many different LAN's,
    and what a pain to change IP addresses all the time. I also built in a way
    of saving and recalling different configurations to make life easier. works
    well for me and my colleges but have never really beta tested it. Email me
    and I will forward a copy of it to you to use. I wrote it in VB6 so you will
    need the correct runtime. it has been tested on Win2000 and XP. it will not
    run on 98 or NT4 because of the need to reboot. I wouldn't mind some feed
    back once you use it for a while.

    Bart, Dec 2, 2005

  3. paradise

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:59:10 +1300, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    >How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
    >applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
    >ie router...cable modem...camera server...
    >each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
    >delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
    >settings which you have to record to !
    >Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
    >windows XP.
    >I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections to
    >your dial up modem.
    >Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.

    MultiNetwork Manager from http://www.globesoft.com/ is very good. You can
    select a different network profile before you log on which saves a bit of
    time. $US9.95 for the standard edition.

    --
    Ray Greene

    Ray Greene, Dec 2, 2005
  4. paradise

    Kiwi Guest

    On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:59:10 +1300, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    >How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
    >applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
    >ie router...cable modem...camera server...
    >each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
    >delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
    >settings which you have to record to !
    >Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
    >windows XP.
    >I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections to
    >your dial up modem.
    >Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.
    >
    >NZed

    I use Netswitcher from www.netswitcher.com on my work laptop all the
    time. You can create as many profiles as you wish and change just by
    right clicking on the system tray icon to bring up a list of profiles.

    Cheers, Kiwi

    Kiwi, Dec 2, 2005
  5. paradise

    NZed Guest

    Thanks guys ...sounds like at least one of these options will work
    NZed

    NZed, Dec 2, 2005