    only in the areas of troubleshooting routing for those protocols.

    Thanks you very much for your help.

    , Aug 19, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Merv Guest

    > I seem to get confused with numerous statics in the network and need a better > understanding of what route should go where to fix connectivity issues.

    If you have any specific current issues, then post the details - the
    router configs, the output of show version on each of the routers and
    the output of sh ip route along witht the output of the OSPF topology
    database and BGP route table.

    Generally using static routes to fix connectivity issues doesn't sound
    good to me ...

    Merv, Aug 19, 2006
  4. rmullen1 Guest

    Merv,

    I totally agree that statics don't help. My questions are mostly
    regarding if I find a static or am having problems getting to a certain
    route, I have troubleshooting one what route should go where, and two
    do I have to keep a static route and repoint it, or can I use the IGP.
    This is not a specific problem I am having, just need to get beter at
    troubleshooting statics and routing issues.

    rmullen1, Aug 19, 2006
  5. Merv Guest

    Is the network a corporate network or an ISP network?

    Merv, Aug 19, 2006
  6. rmullen1 Guest

    It is a corporate network

    rmullen1, Aug 19, 2006