    IP address myself, for posting on public message boards? When I had
    dial-up I used Proxy addresses but they don't seem to work with DSL.

    Also with DSL will an Anonymous software even work?

    Mark Cooper, Mar 17, 2007

  2. "Mark Cooper" <> wrote in message
    news:6mZKh.5029$...
    >I have DSL with a SpeedStream DSL box. Is there a way I can still mask my
    >IP address myself, for posting on public message boards? When I had
    >dial-up I used Proxy addresses but they don't seem to work with DSL.
    >
    > Also with DSL will an Anonymous software even work?

    Use The Onion Router (TOR)

    Senior's Guide to Computers
    http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 18, 2007

  3. Mark Cooper

    Guest

    On 17 Mar, 22:47, "Mark Cooper" <> wrote:
    > I have DSL with a SpeedStream DSL box. Is there a way I can still mask my
    > IP address myself, for posting on public message boards? When I had
    > dial-up I used Proxy addresses but they don't seem to work with DSL.
    >
    > Also with DSL will an Anonymous software even work?

    Proxy addresses do work. But since some version of IE - perhaps IE6,
    I think windows changed a bit and doesn't allow proxy chaining - long
    URLs with proxy servers.

    You have to do it the other way - which is probably quite ancient
    itself anyway.

    go to
    tools..internet options..connections.LAN Settings.. check "use a proxy
    server".

    http://www.proxyblind.org/proxy_chaining.shtml
    "
    Just note that HTTP Chaining (described above) does not works on IE
    from version 5.5 and above and there is not fix for it!!!
    "

    It doesn't work in other browsers either. I think it's a windows
    thing. dunno if win xp pre sp1, or sp1 or sp2 ?

    , Mar 25, 2007