    so I end up having to pick up the handset.

    Has anyone experience of an IP phone with good hands free operation?

    Angus

    Angus Comber, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Angus Comber

    John Daragon Guest

    Angus Comber wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a Grandstream GXP2000 and while it has hands free operation, if I try
    > to speak to the remote end in hands free mode they tell me I am very faint -
    > so I end up having to pick up the handset.
    >
    > Has anyone experience of an IP phone with good hands free operation?

    Snom and (especially) Polycom have a good reputation in this area.

    Aastra are supposed to be pretty good, too, but I've never used one.

    jd

    --

    John Daragon
    argv[0] limited (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)

    John Daragon, Aug 5, 2005

  3. On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:49:32 +0100, John Daragon <>
    wrote:

    >Aastra are supposed to be pretty good, too, but I've never used one.

    Just seen them appear on the VoIPTalk website, but with the following
    disclaimer:

    "All Aastra IP Phones are currently for PBX use only.
    Outbound proxy capability due October 2005."

    The features look good for the price, but it may be wise to wait for
    the firmware upgrade before buying for general use ;-)

    - Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
    - mailto:p http://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -

    Stuart Millington, Aug 5, 2005
  4. The Aastra phones can currently be used in the following conditions:

    1) if you allocate an external IP address to the phone then you have no need
    for an outbound proxy and can use it with any service provider.

    2) if you want to use the phone with an internal PBX such as Asterisk then
    this is fine.

    3) if you have DMZ enabled on your router then you can use the phone.

    Outbound proxy support is only for situations where you are behind NAT and /
    or have multiple devices behind the same router and have a private ip
    addressing scheme.

    I use Aastra phones over a VPN and they are fine.

    V-Knowledge

    VoIP Knowledge, Aug 6, 2005
  5. Angus Comber

    EdR Guest

    "John Daragon" <> schreef in bericht
    > Angus Comber wrote:
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > I have a Grandstream GXP2000 and while it has hands free operation, if I

    try
    > > to speak to the remote end in hands free mode they tell me I am very

    faint -
    > > so I end up having to pick up the handset.
    > >
    > > Has anyone experience of an IP phone with good hands free operation?

    > Snom and (especially) Polycom have a good reputation in this area.
    >
    > Aastra are supposed to be pretty good, too, but I've never used one.

    I'm really impressed with our Cisco 7940/7960's handsfree operation.(SIP
    image)
    I remember reading somewhere that they use Polycom's technology for
    handsfree. Not sure if that's true...

    Erwin.

    EdR, Aug 6, 2005