IP Phone That Support HTTP

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Andrew Zhilenko, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    > reasonable-sized LCD and support HTTP so that information could be
    > written over from the remote servers. I am just wondering whether you
    > know of the existence of such phones. Your comment will be

    Why do you need HTTP? You can send messages to the IP phone using SIP...

    WBR, Andrew
    --
    Andrew Zhilenko
    Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

    Andrew Zhilenko, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Andrew Zhilenko

    Petri Krohn Guest

    "gabriel smith" <> kirjoitti viestissä

    > The usefulness of IP phone such as SNOM for voice service is very
    > good. Since these ip phones are always connected (with a valid IP
    > address) how about using them to deliver information such as stock,
    > movies etc? In my mind, in order to do it, the phone must fit with a
    > reasonable-sized LCD and support HTTP so that information could be
    > written over from the remote servers. I am just wondering whether you
    > know of the existence of such phones.

    You must be thinking abaut something similar to the French Minitel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minitel

    Early CRT terminal:
    http://www.bctech.fr/telephonie/telmini1.html

    Later model with LCD:
    http://www.beotech.co.uk/minitel.htm

    --
    Petri Krohn
    Helsinki Neighborhood Networking Association

    Petri Krohn, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Andrew Zhilenko

    wkearney99 Guest

    Cisco phones gave a menu system that uses XML files served from an HTTP
    server.

    wkearney99, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Andrew Zhilenko

    sean Guest

    gabriel smith wrote:

    > The usefulness of IP phone such as SNOM for voice service is very
    > good. Since these ip phones are always connected (with a valid IP
    > address) how about using them to deliver information such as stock,
    > movies etc? In my mind, in order to do it, the phone must fit with a
    > reasonable-sized LCD and support HTTP so that information could be
    > written over from the remote servers. I am just wondering whether you
    > know of the existence of such phones. Your comment will be
    > appreciated.

    Intertel makes a very expensive one that does this - the intertel model
    8690 phone.

    gabriel smith, Mar 11, 2005
  6. InterTel is a WIndows CE device, any comment on its stability? I use
    Windows CE as a PDA and I find it useful, but the battery drench way
    too fast, any comment? Thanks

    gabriel smith, Mar 14, 2005
  7. The InterTel is a Windows CE device, I am wondering you could comment
    on its stability? I use Windows CE as a PDA, I find it useful, my only
    problem is that the battery drench very fast. Thanks

    gabriel smith, Mar 14, 2005
  8. Andrew Zhilenko

    JDBalogh Guest

    JDBalogh, Mar 22, 2005
  9. Andrew Zhilenko

    wkearney99 Guest

    Re: re:IP Phone That Support HTTP

    What other VoIP phones offer the same sort of buttons/menus?

    wkearney99, Mar 22, 2005